1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher 8' HD Question?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zippy1, Nov 2, 2006.

1. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

Hey guys, I have a odd question about my plow. I just had a Fisher 8' HD installed on my 2000 F-250 SD. I upgraded the control to the Fishstick. When I try to position the blade straight it manages to stop an inch or two off center so it is angled slightly. Why can't I get the blade to be perfectly straight? Is this the design of the plow or a hydraulic issue. I know it is not a big deal, or at least I hope not. I am just curious, after dropping $4,500 I want everything perfect. :D Thanks for any insight!

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Fisher controls are set up with a feature called soft stop. Basically on the angle control they gradually slow to a stop rather than stop instantly. This is why you are having trouble stopping your blade at the exact center. When the blade is on the ground it will not coast as far after you release the button. When the blade is up and you want it to stop in the center you just need to release a little before the blade reaches center. If it does go past center a little blip in the opposite direction will usually bring it back close enough. You will get feel for all that pretty quick.

Why the big concern with getting it dead straight anyway?
  3. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

Not really a major concern more of a large curiosity. Thank you for the explanation. What you said makes sense. :waving:

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ive never gotten my mm2 to stop dead strait even though i have tryed a few hundred times