1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Fisher 8' HD MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by automoto, Nov 29, 2011.

1. automoto

automoto Member

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup, that cummin's will push snow very well!

3. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Nice truck and plow Good luck. When you have time could you please post some pics of the pump. I but I could be wrong that is the new 2 plug system. Thanks

4. automoto

automoto Member

thanks guys, i'll post pics of the pump tomorrow for you

5. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Thanks a bunch. Good luck this year.

6. automoto

automoto Member

LAB INC if that's your truck/plow in your sig did you wait after the first season to put that cutting edge on? The dealer told me use it for a season and wear down the trip edge first then worry about a new cutting edge. Hopefully we will have snow this year, in NJ its been in the 50-60's, over the weekend it hit 70 degrees! :eek:

7. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

I hope the weather breaks soon for snow. I was always told by the dealer to want a year to put the cutting edge on. I always put it on when I bought the plow I just felt it was easier and it was all done at one time. I do see some guys that wait and I do see some guys that put it on when they first get the plow. I did question the plow shop and he said its your call if you put it on when its new its double the strength. They kind of left it up to me. I would maybe use it for a bit then add it. The plow looks great on your truck.

8. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

imma going to be picking up the same plow in about a month. how do you like the new 2 plug setup with the fleet flex? if you want to upgrade in a few years to a v plow you wont have to change the wiring. at least thats what i got told.

9. automoto

automoto Member

10. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

looks pretty simple, cant wait to get mine. how much did it cost you and what was included in your purchase?

11. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

12. automoto

automoto Member

Thanks, just saw more warm air is moving up the coast wtf!!!

13. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Weather

That is great just what we need warm air. sucks bring on the snow !!!!

14. automoto

automoto Member

Thought i'd throw up some quick pics i took on my lunch break today with my iphone. Hopefully soon some pushin pics!! Come on snowwwwwww

Some details on the truck:
    2004.5 2500 CTD 4x4 85,000 miles
    -MBRP 4" exhaust
    -AFE stage 2 intake
    -RECON white lightning tail light bar
    -Autometer gauge pod w/ factory matched gauges (boost/pyro/trans)
    -Quadzilla Boost fooler
    -Nitto 33's
    -Brake controller
    -Weathertech window visors
    -Pacer smoked LED cab lights
    -GDP MK+2 Big line 2 micron kit
    -Hell Bent 2" leveling kit
    -Bilstein steering stabilizer
    -Fisher 8' HD MM2 snow plow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What is the plow module on the headgear used for?

16. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Fisher's fleet flex, only two signal wires come out to the pump from the controller. Box reads the signal and tells pump what to do.

17. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I wasn't sure if was for the security guard.My father just got a new straight blade a few weeks ago.Do all the new blades have security guard on them?

18. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Don't quote me on this but believe all the multi plex (fleet flex) systems have the security feature. I haven't bothered with it on my since i store the plow indoors.

19. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

I have never noticed the module on the new plows before. I assume with the module at the plow is how you get 2 cables rather than 3 ?? I have an 07 HD with MM2 (3 cables) and module inside engine compartment. I would think the module would get beat up outside.