1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Firestone Level Right System

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lieutlamson, Jan 27, 2007.

1. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

I was looking through the truck trend I just got and see Firestone has teamed up with Bilstein and built some nice shocks for the gm front ends. I already have cranked my t-bars and put timbrens in, but maybe these will be the way to go?

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I will be buying those as soon as i have some money....payup payup :nod:

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

This should be the only decent solution to the poor IFS of the newer GM trucks, but I must warn you, it comes at a premium. IIRC, they cost $534 for the pair. If we got a few storms before the season is over, maybe I'd pick up a set when they are released.

4. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Wow that is a big price tag, probably not worth it this season, but definetly before next season.

5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

you do know the new trucks dont have T-bars, at least thats the way it looks to me.

6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

these would be a great solution for that. I saw that at the off road shop and have been thinking about a set next season.

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Oh yes they do, only the 1/2 tons don't have them. The 2500 & 3500 HD still have Tbars.

Regards Mike

8. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Its too bad the GMT 900 has the same suspension. I would think they could have updated it a little, maybe increased the capacity.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Supposedly the HD's will be offered with coil springs sometime in the year or two. We'll just have to wait and see.

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

well i had the money so i bought them.....i drove 80miles with them and they have a very good ride...

Here are some pic's....if you have any questions let me know..

Duramax 144.JPG

Duramax 145.JPG

Duramax 146.JPG

Duramax 147.JPG

Duramax 148.JPG