1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New feature: user reputation

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by plsoucy, Aug 28, 2004.

1. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

It is now possible for you to rate other users here at PlowSite. If you find that they made a good post, you can click on the scale just above their post and enter that you agree with the post, while you can enter that you disagree if you find the post worthless.

Each user has 10 reputation points to start with, and may not rate other users if he has less than that. The number of reputation points that you add or remove to a user that you rate depends on your reputation power, which is based on different factors, such as your number of posts and the time since you registered.

This system should help members determine the credibility of some posts by looking at the reputation of their authors, instead of simply looking at their number of posts (which is an unreliable measure).

You can have an idea of the reputation of an user by looking at the small icon(s) below the number of posts from the user, on top of each post. If you put your mouse over the image(s), a small text description will be shown.

For now, the description for each user is "off the scale" since nobody was rated yet, but this should change with time.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question about this new feature. I hope you enjoy it!

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

that sounds interesting

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

In theory I think this is a very nice feature. However, if this feature is abused (people intentionally giving others they do not like bad ratings) then this feature will quickly find its way into the "good idea but did not work" folder. I hope everyone uses this feature the way it was intended to be used. If it is used properly, the site and it's members will benefit.

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

After just now coming across this thread, I have a few questions.

1. What is the "scale"? If 10 is Off the scale, than what is 9 or 8 or -5?

2. What can users do to protect their screen name from fraudulent ratings from people who just want to screw around with other peoples ratings?

3. Is there a way to view what others have posted about myself?

5. Plow Meister

What does "On a distinguished road? mean?

I understand there are 10 levels of reputation points. What are they and how do we know where we stand? Mine says "on a distinguished road". What number is that and what does it say if you are down to a level 1?

6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Well I have a 9 because of someone :mad: Heres the thread that I lost a point on. Click No reasons though on why I received the bad rating. :confused:
    Now maybe I deserved to lose a point, but I think that you should at least explain why so that the person can change their ways. :nod:

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't see ANY reason why you should have lost a point on that thread. That shows you how bad plowsite is getting. It's about time to move on.

8. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I agree with above. I also think that it should tell us whom gave us a point or who disguarded a point.

9. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

premierland i dont think that would be a good idea. becuase then if someone does give you a bad mark or what have you then you might be libal to give the same in return. but i do think you should be able to see what is said about you.

10. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. :waving:

11. gogetter

gogetter Junior Member
    from PA.

This feature was voted out of Lawnsite. Surprised it's still here.

12. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with this to a point. I can understand if someone doesn't agree with your point of view ect. and that is fine. But this also allows for a comment to be made with your vote. I had some chicken-sh!t s.o.b. leave me a negitive and also call me a few choice names. Guess what? no way to see who it was. I guess this is now a place to do some name calling without being called out on it. I find it just a plain waste of time. There should be a way to track down people like this and make examples of them. If you have something to say, then say it. Don't hide behind this reputation poll. You know who you are....lol

:gunsfiring: (The true LOSERS) :realmad:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I think that's what should happen. People are going nuts with this feature. :rolleyes:

14. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Look at the time you received the bad review and then find who posted around that time and against you.

15. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Hey look what I found. A gray square and this comment. "You're a ******* ********!Talk some more **** about me!" No just wait it gets better. This is my post that I got this comment from Post its #16. Plus I didn't lose points I gained 8 points. :confused: :jester:

16. Plow Meister

Wasn't me :rolleyes: Seriously, how do you know how many points you have? I don't know where to look.

17. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

In user CP their is a chart that says Latest Reputation Received and the right of it it says X points total.

18. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I took one of your little points you sniveling little p@&&y. And I would take more if I could! You started this little game...now I will finish it. I REFUSE to have a battle of wits...with an un-armed person.!

19. PremierLand

from detroit

LOL Alright, Doesnt hurt me any. Do more for all I care. "with an un-armed person" what are you implying that you have a heater?

20. PremierLand

from detroit

Oh yeah, for the guys who bash... I dont know, but havent you ever been told "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" ?