1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Feature Installed, Minimum # of Characters...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuckwk, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

I just installed a new feature... Now, when anyone replies to a thread their reply must contain at least 15 characters. If not, you will get the message....

"The text you typed is to few words or characters. Please post at least 15 characters. This feature cuts down on SPAM and pointless replies."

Any input? NO super short replies please! LOL

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Sounds like a winner! Oh,... you may want to change the word "to" to "too", as in "too few".;)

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

4. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

Thanks for noticing that... The person who wrote the 'hack' had given install instructions... I just copy/pasted his instructions. I didn't notice the spelling mistake... thanks again!

5. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

You would think so... BUT, what you see is simply not just 2 images ... it's actually 18 characters in length. ;salute; ;drinkup; ( you would replace the ;'s with :'s to make the smilies code work.