1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New F550 / Lynden Lawn Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lynden-Jeff, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

So been getting many PM's asking for pictures of my trucks and spray systems. Figure I may as well start a picture thread. The first pics are of my new 2012 F550 undergoing its transformation. Still a ways to go but the salter is on!! Last pic is of my daily driver. Need to get some clean pics.

photo 3.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

photo 8.jpg

photo 5.jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice truck but u know an alumium body is only 3 grand more right...

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking trucks and the best part they are all fords

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice F550, So you buy a new white truck and paint it black, Why not buy black to begin with ?

5. Lynden-Jeff

I had no idea... :dizzy: This truck was a package deal with dump body already on and I got it for a solid $15,000 less then the same truck with an aluminum dump bed on it. I really did not have a preference, calcium chloride will eat through aluminum as well.

Thanks, only way to go IMO!

Like I said above it was a $15000 savings with the truck as it was. Cost $1000 for paint so im still ahead. Searched all over Ontario for a black truck in stock pool and nothing. Would have taken 3 months to order from factory and I could not wait.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck! Can't believe it was only $1000 to paint it. Looks great though.

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

OK, Under stand know, so what else do you have planed for the truck

8. Lynden-Jeff

Ya and it was a fantastic job, pretty much like factory. Did not do Jams however, which helped save money so when the doors are open you can tell it was white, doesn't really bother me.

450 Gallon liquid de-icing system including direct app and wet at the spinner on independent systems. Steps for cab, tint, line-x on parts of the box and cab fenders, pacific dually rim liners, a pretty in depth strobe package and HID headlights. More pics to come.

9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

So I take it your plowing with one truck and salting with the other ?

10. Lynden-Jeff

Well for now it going to get a western mount and im going to share plows between my truck and the dump. I do the salting so I will have the option to use either. Eventually it will have its own plow.

11. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Hey what kind of tires and rims are you running on the 2011 250? I like them

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

What ever happened to your snoway revolutions???

PS I didn't mean for my previous post about the alumium body to come off as arrogant... I've found a lot of people think aluminum is a lot more expensive then it really is and when you look at the benefits its far superior to steel but whatever, a good deal is a good deal I would be picky either...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  13. Lynden-Jeff

They are 35" Dick Cepek Tires on 17" American Racing Teflon rims. Been great so far.

Kinda seemed that way but no big deal. I research my purchases a lot and this was just the right choice of the time. I was talking to my friend today about linex-ing the whole box with linex 350. This is the same stuff they use for bomb mitigation and blast defense. Its significantly stronger then normal linex bed liner.

Revolution was gone years ago, traded for a 29R which is much better. Still going the way of Western for plows now, but this salter is a beast with the 11hp Honda. Makes my friends 9300 SnowEx look like a joke.

More pics to come, tank installed today, strobes and liquid pumps on the weekend.

14. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Mmm 550.... The one ton dump I have now will probably be the last one I'll ever purchase. Pretty much a glorified pick up truck.

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Nice 550......

Paint job looks sharp.

16. Lynden-Jeff

I never understood why people buy 1 ton dumps. Completely useless compared to the cargo of a 550 and virtually the same price depending on trim.

17. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Now you're just being mean....:D

18. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Oh, he's not being mean, brings up a great point.

All in all you're right, but the towing rating is pretty stought with a 350 DRW, and the small GVWR allows to haul a larger load without becoming CDL necessary. It is NOT my intention to start a CDL war here, so please don't...

19. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Im in the same boat as you, i want to buy a new f-450 to have it custom painted and options out how i want but i can get a truck with a body and hoist installed and ready to go for almost 20k less.

Did the dealer you bought it from also do the paint?

20. Lynden-Jeff

This is true. We use a 350 and a 250 for our maintenance crews.

No I had a connection outside of the purchasing lease company so I just had it done on the side. Turned out pretty good!

I should say one ton dumps are completely useless, I have debated putting a dump insert in our 350 for grass and leaves. I just can't see buying a full out F350 with dump bed when I know a hair over 3000lbs will overload it.