1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New f350 - Need a plow!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Greensway, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Greensway

Greensway Member

Just got a new 350 with v10 and crew cab, 8' bed. (plow prep)
    Looking at either 8.2 boss or 8 10 blizzard, should I go 9.2 if the boss?
    I would like feedback on personel experiences from both. Dealers are same distance from me.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Greensway in your case I would go with the blizzard, just for the fact that you have such a long wheelbase to cover. When turning I'm not sure even a 9' would allow you not to track in the snow but the blizzard would definitely be adequate. I have a 810ss on a bobcat and it worked fine as far as reliability is concerned.

Will you be plowing drives or is this a commercial vehicle (if your plowing drives then may you plow circular ones ;) ) ?
  3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Thats a real nice truck and good luck with it. I think a 9ft plow would work good on that truck and the Boss would fit perfect. I'm sure that Blizzard would also work great.

Good luck:nod:
  5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

I've got F350 with 113,000+ on my V10 Supercab and running a Club cab F250 with about 112,000+ on it. Both have had 810's hanging on them since new with lots of road miles. Mine squeaks when the plow's off. Guess it needs some lube on the spring bushings...lol Other than that no plow related problems. My only other choice for the F350 is an 8611. It's an even bigger time saver. Think of the choice this way. V plow in scoop is 7'2"- 7'6" per path. Same thing if angled. The 810 is 9'3" in full scoop and 9' angled. More area means more snow moved and less passes.

I see you have the FX4 package. If you have the 3 leaf front springs it should handle either plow.

Pelican nice link. Maybe you could grab my pict from the Let's see your rig and add it to my signature.

The new 810's have a single cylinder for the wings and the hoses are mounted at the base. Makes them even more reliable and easier to service when needed. New paint, head gear, head lights and updated pumps. Put the first one's together about two weeks ago and the customers have been very happy with the updates.

Greensway yes I'm a dealer but I put the blade down too. Took my V plow off and sold it after the first plowing with an 810.

Good luck on the decision and hope you get lots of snow to play in. Jerre
  6. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

One word Blizzard!
  7. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

I would go with the Boss 9'2" V plow. Poly weighs more but is deffinetly the way to go because it doesn't let snow stick to it and doesn't rust. That's what i own. Got nothing against Blizzard, just think they weigh too much and I think with the wings turned in to make it like a box plow may be too much weigh for a truck to push on a long run. :redbounce
  8. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

The blizzard 810 is 950 pounds and the 9.5 ' boss poly v is 956 pounds.The boss weighs more and the blizzard is way more productive.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2003