1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New F250 and a new Snow Dogg

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Pit Crew, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

I have a new F250 and a new Snow Dogg . My lights seem to dim more than they should. Any suggestions?

2. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

maybe recheck aim pattern , but yes they seem be lacking

you could try set of silverstar bulbs

or I added a light bar I just turn in on when nothing is on the road because its like daylight

helps plowing dark lots
    [​IMG]

3. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

The lights are nice and bright. They just seem to dim more than they should when I power the plow. At least more than my Meyer did. Truck has plow package,so maybe its normal.

4. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

i guess you weren't to specific on your first post
    if the dim out while operating the plow then
    there's tons of threads on battery size issues and installation issues i dont have a ford cant help much there

5. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Do you have more info on that lightbar?

6. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KX35HTS/ref=mp_s_a_1_25?qid=1422132221&sr=8-25&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

any 22" led bar should work , and a piece of angle steel to mount it will do

7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Watch it. There are a ton of junk LED light bars out there. And mounting one to a plow frame is not exactly "standard duty" stuff. Make sure you buy it from somebody you can trust.

8. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio