1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New F-350 starting to get it ready

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DP Property, Aug 8, 2009.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi guys I picked up a 2006 F-350 with only 32000 k on it. I am going with the new Artic 96" V Blade . I will post pictures soon. Truck is going in for the K and N cold air intake system and sho me 4 strobe hide away kit next week. Still undecided on a salter.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Dosent arctic make a bigger V? that truck can handle way more then an 8 footer...

Good luck with it!

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice stroker. . .

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Beautiful truck. I love the color!

5. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice truck, but a lot of people say cold air intakes aren't really necessary unless you're making big power like 500hp, and those who do get one say the K&N is bad because it allows big particles to enter.

6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I agree. The stock ones are pretty good. If anything get a mbrp exhaust. I just put a 2.5" icon leveling kit on my truck. Looks great. Mayby add some 2" coil spacers up front. nice truck lookin truck.

7. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I have to agree, Nice Color

8. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Nice looking rig!

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Nice truck!

Also skip the cold air and just go for an open air element filter. It will breathe better than the stock box and is noticable.

10. DP Property

really guys on the intake air system I allready ordered it. I was sold on the increased horsepower and the improved fuel millage. Now you guys have me wondering. Hmm wonder how mad they would be if I skipped it and just went with the k an N permanent filter and left the stock stuff in?

Thanks for the compliments guys. I think I should be ok with the 8 foot blade I know I could go bigger but also was told better to stick with the 8 foot blade since this truck is not a duelly?

11. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would leave everything stock! The K & N lets in to much big particles and the intakes aren't worth the money

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

What, since its not a dually... The last thing you want is a dually to plow snow with... Wayy to much floatation with the dual wheels... You can easy put a 9 1/2 foot blade on there without thinking twice...

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We run 8'6" V-plows on all of our trucks...Somedays I wish it was wider! Don't make a mistake get the bigger plow

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

All you need is an aftermarket airbox and filter. K&N is bad news, they cannot filter well enough on turbocharged diesels. Something like AFE is good and will make a difference. The good think is that it will help to lower your EGTs.

15. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Now Now, Chad! Don't get the Dually guys pissed off now :realmad:

WHAT HELL!!!

......:p

16. gkm

gkm Senior Member

the color does look good on that truck

17. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

that truck can handle pretty much any plow you want to put on it. If you really want better hp and fuel mileage get a custom PCM tune, especially sine its a diesel.You'll get way better results out of that than you will with the air intake or exhaust

18. DP Property

Hey Doug what AFE would you recommend? Can you post some links for your recommendations there is so much out there I don't know what to think now. Maybe I will leave it all stock.

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That truck looks awesome! I have the same LED bar as you. They are nice. And I agree with others, get a bigger plow for that truck. It can handle pretty much anything.

20. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What is the light bar called? How does it hook up to the truck?