1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nEW ESTERN ON 2011 DODGE....ALSO NEW

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ACA L&L, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

hERE IT IS 8FT PRO PLOW.
    2011 DODGE 2500......MY FIRST THOUGHTS WHEN WE RECIEVED THE TRUCK WAS THAT THEY MESSED UP AND ORDERED ME A 4X2.....ITS 4X4 BUT VERY LOW TO GROUND

i GUESS WE WILL NEED SOME TALLER TIRES AND MAYBE SOME TIMRENS..WHEN PLOW IS ANGLED ITS ALMOST TOUCHING THE GROUND IN THE CORNER...ALL THE OTHER TRUCKS HAD BIG 33" BFG ALL TERRAIN, NO TIMBRENS WITH THE MEYERS............TRADED 3 TRUCKS IN TO GET 2 /2011 DODGE TRUCKS.I DIDNT PLAN ON NEEDING NEW TIRES AND OR TIMBRENS. OWELL HERES A PIC OR TWO ENJOY/LOOK.

ALSO IF ANYOPNE HAS ANY INSIGHT ON MOUNTING A EZ MOUNT EXPRESS MEYER PLOW ONTO THE 2011 PLEASE ADVISE.......ALL THE DELAERS AND MEYER SAY THE MOUNTS ONLY GO TO 2010..........I WOULD THINK THAT WOULD WORK, BUT IM JUST A LANDSCAPER, WTH DO I KNOW, DODGE SAID FRAME WAS NOT CHANGED, BUT HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT PLACEMENT OF OTHER STUFF ON NEWER DODGES.......DEALER SAID HE MIGHT HAVE A SOLUTION, WILL NOPT KNOW UNTIL HE GETS THE MOUNTS IN THAT HE ORDERED FOR US.....TO BE CONTI IN MEYER SECTION.

SNOIWP[LOW 2011 DODGE 005.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great!!!......Don't Run out and spend more money on tires at this time......Timbrens in the front and 500-600 pounds of ballast in the Back and you will be good to go...Good Luck this Winter....:salute:.....payup......:drinkup:

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Nice truck and plow!

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Few more pics.....the obvious is the height of plow......cha ching....cha ching..

SNOIWP[LOW 2011 DODGE 006.jpg

SNOIWP[LOW 2011 DODGE 011.jpg

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Damn man, camera quit working? Post more than 1 pic! Truck looks great. Got any of the inside, engine, rims?

EDIT: I was typing as you posted more, sorry.

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

we have an air flow tailgate spreader that will go on this one.........i am gonna start with the timbrens, but man its pretty close to the ground. Ive wanted this plow for 10 years, finally got it, and now its 6" or so from the ground, go figure. already looking at the timbrens. Thanks for compliments.

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

couple more

SNOIWP[LOW 2011 DODGE 004.jpg

SNOIWP[LOW 2011 DODGE 002.jpg

8. Marek

Marek Senior Member

You have straight axles front and rear just add spacer blocks and larger u bolts. Look under the rear leaf springs on a new ford 350 then look under the springs on a f250 you will see the block on the 350 is about 2 inches larger giving it a higher ride height. Your Dodge may be the same way.

9. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

Almost looks too nice to take out and get dirty.

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

It looks like how gm's sit with the plow in the air from the side. Nice truck though.

11. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

having owned both a meyers and a western i know the western hang and angle different than the meyers plows. Also i am buying a leveling kit for my dodge from hell bent steel.

12. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

thank you for all the compliments, she is a work truck in fact we traded 3 FORDS in for the 2 Dodge trucks and i could not be more happy to be done with Ford, there warranty of the 6.0 issues and the attitude that there trucks are superior, these two trucks have a BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty for 100000 miles, yes
    B2B!!! This was the reason we switched in the first place. Someone else on here was talking abut there B2B warranty on an outdoorsman model so i went down to the dealer that day, the rumor was confirmed and we hashed out this deal.........in fact i went to ford first they offered me 10k trade in for a 250 4x2, dodge gave me 19900$, ford offered me $17500 on th 2007 6.0 250, dodge paid $21000, the f150 was -1000. but ford dropped the ball in my opinion, i was seriously considering to negoiate the deal with ford. but after a 3 truck trial run with Ford, they failed, the warranty failed, there attitude failed, they failed(still love how the fords look, but that wont get me in one) we returned to Dodge and will remain here unless given a reason to shop around. Very happy.

****This also gave me a chance to get a western, which i have wanted for over 10 years, meyer had us with the good deal, now that they cant transfer the express system to the new dodge trucks, they are for sale. unless my dealer can mount tis meyer shes a goner.......

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  13. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I actually liked how the meyers operated, we never had issues with pumps, when raised and angled they didnt drop down/ angle down, the westerns do, the meryes were tuff, but the westerns seemed to be more reliable, I used westerns 12-15 years ago and loved them , they even make a diffrent sound when they hit the ground compared to the meyer. All in all i couldnt afford the westerns when we started out, but now I had a chance to get one. Very excited, Hoping the last meyer we have will transfer over, if not no loved lost, we will be happy with another western. :mechanic:

14. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Good looking rig, hell of a work truck!

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sweet truck and plow. Where are you in the south west? That's the last place I think of when I think of plowing.

And what's up with that Meyer plow? I've never seen that before. The head gear looks like it's floating in the air, but I see that hydraulic piston.

16. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

You don't want to add spacer blocks to a solid front axle though, rear axle would be fine but not the front. Very dangerous.

17. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

That is the 2 year old 8.5 meyer Ez mount Express plow that we bought, When I traded in the ford that it was on i called the dealer and was "softly told" yeah we can get those mounts in next week, well after he checked, and the truck was gone, Meyer stop making express mounts in 2010............not sure what i gonna do with it, I guess i could spena few grand swapping it over to a diffrent mounting system, probably not gonna do that, or sell it to a limited crowd, fits ford 250 1999-2007 per meyer website for outfitting trucks, I have all the mounts, wiring might need a headlight adapter who knows.................but yeah thats a meyer 8.5 AG ez mount express snow plow that costs me some cheddar, and looks like its gonna cost me some more.

ABQ NM is where we work you can see the mountain in the background in on of the picks. the city gets alot of saltings, we plow a few times a year in the city, not many have plows here, if you do have one your making some cash, and alot.

18. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Theres a kit Ive added to both my dodges. Its called ready lift much better than timbrens and there is no option for spacer blocks as these trucks have coil springs not leaf.
    Lookin good.
    Eric