1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Equip. Trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Feb 12, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Just picked up our new equipment trailer. I took these two pics at the dealer, i accidentally had night mode selected on the camera when i snapped the pics at home so ill get some more of those later.

quick specs:
    19,000lb. GVWR
    20' deck 5' self cleaning dovetail
    16 ply 17.5" tires
    dual jacks
    led lights

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

and here is the hitch i upgraded to, Curt Industries 2.5" 18,000lb weight carrying capacity, the plate is also 18,000lb capacity and the pintle is 20,000lb capacity.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice lookin trailer! I've just never seen a 9500 lbs axle before, expecially with a single tire, Are you sure about that?

4. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Looking good! I like all that DOT tape, my 20 ton Interstate has it. At first I hated it, now I wouldn't ever take it off... Did you try trading you plowing that lot to take some $$ off the trailer? hahaa

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice :drinkup:

6. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I was thinking that too.... I thought the highest was 7k with single tire. Sweet looking trailer, it's going to be nice towing 2 big pieces of equip at once.

7. cretebaby

Who said it had 9.5k axles?

8. Triple L

from Canada

How else do you get a 19,000 lbs gvwr?

9. cretebaby

axles + tongue load

10. Triple L

from Canada

thats a pretty bogus gvwr IMO...

11. cretebaby

Makes more sense than rating it at the axle ratings if you think about it.

IF it is rated at the axle ratings you can't even load it to the axle ratings without being over GVW assuming you have some tongue weight.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think it's Bogus also, really nice trailer though.:D

13. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looks good, how come you didn't go with a gooseneck? those trailers are reasonable in price too.:drinkup:

14. PTSolutions

cretes right about the rating, the trailer is rated at 16K capacity with the proper tongue load. Thats the reason i stepped up to the 19Kgvwr to get that 16K capacity, the next one down was a 15K gvwr.

the dealer was about 1.5hrs away so not too bad of a drive, got a chance to get a feel for how the trailer tows. The reason i didnt go with a gooseneck, is that i have several other trucks that might need to utilize this trailer and I didnt want to go putting gn hitches on the other pickup. Plus we have a dump truck and also we are prolly going to get an f550 this year as well.

more pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. PTSolutions

16. PTSolutions

and a couple of 2 of our trucks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. PTSolutions

and just messin around on the black ice:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid107.photobucket.com/albums/m300/frndinalowplace/ProTouch%20LLC/MOV00780.flv">

18. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice trailer!...Goodluck with it!

Mind If I ask how much? you can PM me the Price if you like.

19. PTSolutions

im not shy lol, the price was right around $6100. it was an excellent price for what you get and i know it doesnt compare to a towmaster or eager beaver etc... but for our budget and what we are doing with it its perfect.

appalachian has locations in ohio, penn. and mich.

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

nice trailer thats an awesome video with all the lights going then droping the blade right at the end