1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Equip. and tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Oct 16, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Just throwing some pictures of the ASV we brought home yesterday, awesome deal we found for it. The trailer is not ours, its a buddies that we borrowed to bring her home. We will be buying a 24' or 25' deckover bumper pull in the 19K-22K GVWR range for this 10,150lb machine.

2005 ASV RC100 - $13,500

Tires: Kumho Road Venture KL71 Load Range E's
    285/75R16 - Going on the 2500HD -$186 per tire
    33x12.5x18 - Going on the F350 - $274 per tire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the machine is in great shape, but will need new tracks at the end of next year most likely. No dents in the machine just scratches in the paint from normal use.

3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

U will need track before the snow flies. U will be sliding all over if you dont. I changed mine last year and it was night and day difference. Change the tracks on your own. It will save you major $$$ and it is very easy.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice machine you will love the traxx and nice tires to

5. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

looks good:drinkup:

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What size box is going on it?

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Those 100's are beasts. Someone is gonna have fun pushing in that

8. PTSolutions

on an asv machine? i really think i can get this season in with the current tracks and was going to replace them come fall next year. Ive heard that ASV tracks are night and day difference when compared to standard CTL tracks

We are not purchasing a box for it this winter, The company my brother subs out for told us they have boxes and would like to put that machine to use, so my brother will be running the machine with their box, and we are going to be putting another person in the truck he used to sub for the company.

If all goes well, Id like to be picking up a 10' Arctic Sectional Box for it next fall.

thanks for the comments fellas! happy plowing...

9. PTSolutions

on the truck:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. PTSolutions

11. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Those artic boxes are nice. They are right down the steet from me. And I have seen his machines in action with them. They do a beautiful job.

Go ahead and try the machine with the same tracks. If you slide around, then buy some. They are easy enough to do that you can change them between storms if needed. Ya gotta try to save where u can this year!

12. PTSolutions

you nailed it right on the head lol! $2,028 for tires (just the tires and shipping, no mounting), $13,500 for machine, and a bunch of random little expenses for getting the trucks ready for the winter that always add up.

it will prolly be subbed out with my brother operating, so if he takes a bit longer cause hes sliding, then its no skin off our backs.

when i change the tracks i want to see if they've updated any other mech parts on the undercarriage and if so try and put on the newest pieces for reliabilities sake.

Im going to wait until the off season next year to purchase one, he gives awesome deals on the demo units he would run at trade shows, like 40% off.

13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

you need aluminum rims on the chevy!!!! I got 8 ill sell you a set!!

Congrats on the 100!!!

14. PTSolutions

we do have the aluminum rims, the premium OEM ones, they are running 275/65 BFG All terrains right now that are going to get worn through this summer. after those are gone these tires are moving on to those rims possibly.

see:
    [​IMG]

15. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

looks good!!!!

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, how did the 350 handle that ASV?

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

nice. BTW, where did you buy your chevy telescoping mirrors?

18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Those look like the ones off of jcwhitney.

19. PTSolutions

it handled it fine, although you could definitely tell it was back there. 13-14K worth of equip and trailer really lets u know. The one thing that was really amazing is how good Ford's brake controller is. Once I had the gain dialed just how I liked it, that thing stopped soo well! it was surprising.

nope, got them off Ebay. They are power adjust(top portion), heated, and manual extension. They are designed exactly like the oem ones, but you can tell they are a bit cheaper.

20. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

What rack do you have on ur truck? I looked into backrack for mine but they don't make one for the '05 F150 supercab.