1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New England Truck Show

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Sep 11, 2002.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Anyone going to the New England Truck Show in Hartford, CT on September 13-14? Is it worth going there? Its about an hr drive but i want to check out the Ford trucks and Fisher plows. Any one been to it before worth the time?
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Its definately worth the hour drive. i went to the first show and it was really good. im planning on going this friday night. the show has a ton of plow trucks, sanders, lights etc. anything relating to trucks it will be there. A lot of local plow installers have booths as well as the big truck dealerships and such. you get to see a lot of the new products.
  3. Foz

Foz Senior Member

Where is the show held, any info on th net about it?
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Its at the Expo center which is located just off of the highway in Hartford CT there is the website. This should be a great show to see some of the new equipment. I will be going with a few landscaper buddies of mine on Saturday.

(let me know if any of u guys will be there on saturday)

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Whoever goes, it would be great for you guys to take some pictures and post them all here for us to see. That would be nice. :nod: Mike
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

No problem

I always take a camera to these shows. Ill get some pics up here for you guys who cant attend asap once i get the film developed after the show

7. pats plowing

I'll be there on saturday. I'll be with one of the rents though license test not a for a few more weeks.
  8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Not much info on that link posted in above post

Anyone know the hours the show runs?

or a number I can call
  9. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Here is a link to Key Production, the promoter of the event.

The hours are :
    The New England Truck Expo
    Noon - 8 PM Friday, September 13, 2002
    10 AM - 4 PM Saturday, September 14, 2002
    Connecticut Expo Center Hartford, Connecticut

They also have a list of the exhibitors etc. on the site.
  10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

JCurtis did you get my e-mail?

Was gonna be up there on Sat. wondering when you are going.
  11. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I'll be getting there friday around 3:30pm. If anyone wants to meet up, shoot me an email- bkrois@aol.com. i'll probably be there till like 5pm or so.

I'll get some pix.

12. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Saturday is also the Diesel Nationals at Raceway Park near Englishtown, NJ.

Jet powered Kenworths and such. Just FYI.

13. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Now if we could put a plow on the front, we could use the heat from the Jet blast to melt the ice and dry the lots.

Rate : $15,000 per minute ( Jet Fuel is very expensive)
  14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

They showed them drying off a track with those jet engines on the back of pick ups very noisy :eek:
  15. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I'll be down in Englishtown saturday.
  16. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Just got home from Hartford show

Well I just got home from the New England Truck Expo in Hartford.

Great show, lots of fantastic trucks,

Lots of really nice things there. I particularly like the Kwik Loader for Pickup trucks... saw one outside that had a western spreader on it....

I am not a Ford Mand but the really sweet looking Black Ford F650
    Dump with Diamond Plate side extensions.

I would buy it If I could afford it.

Saw a new Chevy/ GMC 4500 there, dealer says 4wd in 2004

Lots of sweet looking Petes and KWoppers, a few Sterlings

One really neat HUMMER with a Fisher X Plow on it from the Hartford Equipment company sweet plow vehicle can be yours for a mere $110,000 or so.

Curtis Plow was there ( NO relation there) Never saw one of their plows up close and personal before. It looks pretty stout... and If I bought a plow and a Curtis spreader, I could save some money on lettering my truck
    :p LOL

ALL in ALL was a nice show, didnt see a Whelen Dealer there, but there were other Light companies there and the LED lights look sharp.

17. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

yeh, that kwik loader product was really nice. It would come in real handy especially for that neat spreader stand one they have. That black f650 did look really good. i think the diamond plate sides really add to the effect. Got to sit in the new 4500 seris chevies. Looks like a real nice truck, and probably would be great to plow with. i didnt see the whelen booth either, usually they are there every year. there were a few less vendors then last year, but overall a good show. I think snow was supposed to post some pictures, cause i forgot my camera so hopefully he took some.
  18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Got back

Well i got back from the show and i was highly impressed. Got a guy hooking me up with a good deal on a pressure washer. I took about 20 pics of all the snow removal equipment. I will try to post them this week. the hummer was awesome with the x blade on it. Didnt see whelen either but Nova is pretty good i hear. I wish i could have a toy box full of those trucks from the show. I was so anxious when i saw Suzio York Hills brand new KW cab and chassis on the lift for a company (i live down the street from their Headqaurters). It was beautiful all shinny and freshly done in graphics.

19. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Oh by the way I had a looong conversation with a woman who works for Southford Truck Equipment. And she was very interested in Plowsite.com i told her to check it out. Maybe she will get them to put up a sponsorship and some money for the site.

20. pats plowing

Pics please

You gotta post those pics soon man I really wanted to go, I was behind on lawns and couldnt make it. We did 14 lawns in 6hrs with an hour of cleanup and then i ended up in the ER. Took a few hours there so i missed the show. I really want to see what was there.