1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW ENGLAND / TRI STATE AREA MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by guido, Apr 29, 2001.

1. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Hi Everybody. I am writing this and posting it in several of the forum sections to get the word out. I am coming home on leave in the beginning of July to have my marriage blessed and a reception, etc. I was hoping sometime during the second week of July all of us guys on Lawnsite.com that are located in the tri-state area could meet up at a central location (depending on who all wants to come) and talk shop, grab a few beers, BBQ or whatever you guys want to do. I know for sure that I would be free on the 12 and 13th of July. I will be going home to the Waterbury/ Watertown, CT area. I know Fishkill, NY (Home of the Snow Pro’s :) ) is only about an hour drive down 84 for me, so maybe that will help some of you other guys see the distances we’re talking. I guess what we can do, is everyone that would like to do this, and is free on one of those 2 days (Plan Ahead for it guys!!) e-mail me at DirtboyDave@aol.com and we’ll keep a mailing list for all of us New England / Tri State Area guys and I’ll send out updates as it gets closer and I get some reply’s. Hope to get some e-mail’s and meet some of you soon!

Try to keep the post alive so its stays somewhere near the top so all the readers can see it when they check in!

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a fine idea to me! I'm a pretty good distance away but it's still only 4-5 hours to anywhere in CT. By then I'll be in the mood for a break of some sort.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Count me in.I will be there.

Can't wait to meet the man that got the skidsteer stuck(buried).:D

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm just adding a post here, like Guido asked, to keep this near the top of the pile. I'm really surprised that there have been only two replies so far. I know htere's more members in the area and this sure would be a good excuse to set up a meeting.

5. guido

Thanks Alan!

I just thought it would be cool to meet up with some of you guys while I'm there.

6. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

If there are enough people that want to get to together, we can hold it down my shop. It is more than big enough to have a lot of people and plenty of parking. I will gladly buy a few kegs and bring down a couple of barbeque grills, get some steaks and some clams, ect. My shop is located about 2 minutes from I-84, in Southington. If i get enough replies and we set a date I am more than happy to have, Let me know and we can start planning.My email address is JasonSchmdt@AOL.com

7. guido

Jason

That would be great, I'll put some cash in for the beer and food. I'll e-mail you later on with the names I have so far. Thanks again!

8. Mike Nelson

Just trying to keep everyone notified. :cool:

Mike Nelson

9. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I am still open to having it at my shop, just let me know how many guys are coming and what day you would rather have it. Just let me know and I will take care of food and beverage and give out directions.

10. guido

NEED SOME TIME!!

I'm in a pretty smooth training class this week, and then I have finals at night on Wed for school, but once that is over I'll have some time on my hands and I'll get this all worked out.

Thanks Again Everyone!

11. guido

Getting Close!

Okay its getting close. E-mail me at DirtboyDave@aol.com so I can put a e-mail list together and work out the details, then I can get everyone on the same page before I leave, and we can post the details here in case anyone else wants to stop by.

12. guido

Just bringing it up.....

One last time as I get ready to leave. It looks like we'll be meeting in Southington, CT at Jason Schmidt's shop on the 13th of July. E-mail me at dirtboydave@aol.com for details and too help me count for food and beer/soda.

Hope I hear from you guys soon!

13. Mike Nelson

Guido just admit it,you are trying to run up your posts.:D

Don't worry I will have a "POP"

14. guido

Pop?

Mike you mean pop the top of a cold one right? ;)

15. Mike Nelson

Ya,that's the ticket, pop the top.:D

We will have a great day.See ya there

Mike Nelson

16. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Pops?

Well ok, then I'll have one too. Especally since some of us are from the same town here.:p