1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New England Territory Sales Manager

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by toby4492, Jan 31, 2007.

1. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Hello to all,

I have recently accepted the position of New England District Sales Manager for Sno-Way. I look forward to getting out to meet all retailers and distributors in the near future. I also look forward to questions and comments from those of you in New England area.

My new responsibilities will have me covering Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. I will also continue to handle the Western US and Canada for Sno-Way as well.

Let it Snow!!!! payup payup

2. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Hi Tom -

Congratulations!

I guess I can think of two questions right off the bat:

1) I thought someone mentioned to me that Maine may have a Sno-Way dealer now.
    Do you happen to know if this is the case?

2) I bought my Sno-Way from a very good dealer in New Hampshire (Cocheco Equipment)
    but if we do get a Sno-Way dealer in Maine, can I take my plow there for any service issues or is it
    preferred that I stick with the original dealer?

Best,
    Mike

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Good Luck in your new position.

Who will be covering New York now?

4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Good job tom & congrats! Now i dont want to sound greedy, however, a few inches of snow would be nice around here? :realmad: :realmad:

5. toby4492

Mike,

There is a dealer in Portland.

McFarland Spring Corp. 280 Warren Ave. 04103
    207-797-6271

info@mcfarlandspring.com

They should be able to provide you with service if you choose to go there. I'm looking forward to my first trip to Maine this spring.

Regards,

6. toby4492

Karl,

Thanks for your good wishes. Jeff Hess is the Manager for your area. He is actually based in Rochester, NY.

Regards,

7. toby4492

Thanks lawn king. I'm looking forward to coming east soon. I'll try to pack a Noreaster and bring it along with me. ;)

Regards,

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Tom,
    Hopefully loading up the NH border with some good dealers. Us Mass people like to go there to buy. Something about that 5%. :)

9. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Tom congragulations on the new position. I just wanted to let you know that you have an excellent dealer located here in Williston, VT. I've been dealing with him for the past few years and they have been extremly helpful and offer great service. They even got me to switch from the popular Yellow plow to a new Sno-way this year and I've been very happy with it. In fact I can't believe the number of Sno-way plows in this area. Keep up the great work over there at Sno-way.

10. toby4492

My main goal is to increase visibility of our products in NE by increasing retail sales and service outlets. I will keep the MA NH border in mind. Thanks for being a Sno-Way customer.

Thanks for the kind words. I will make my maiden voyage to NE in a couple of weeks and plan on visiting with GB Mechanical while there. I am pleased to hear that the plow is perfoming to your satisfaction. I fully understand that Fisher is very strong throughout Vermont and there were many choices in deciding on which brand plow to purchase. I thank you for choosing Sno-Way. I look forward to the challenges ahead and believe that Sno-Way retailers that provide excellent service, and loyal customers such as yourself will help spread the word.

11. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Tom,

Congrats on your new position in the NE. I love my new Sno-Way ST-90. It works great on my Cherokee. Of course the Cherokee is a far better manuvering vehicle in my driveway than the FS GMC pickup it replaced.

Maybe you can establish a new dealership up here in north country (NH). Ossipee, Conway, Freedom could be a pivot point for mid-north east NH and western Maine (Fryberg, etc.). I've only seen a few Sno-Way 3-point mounts on trucks around here. Our nearest dealer is an hours drive away (when the tourist aren't clogging the roads payup ).

Fran

12. toby4492

Fran,

I am pleased to hear the plow is performing well and thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to this opportunity. Growing retail points that will provide for exceptional service are my priorities for this territory. I have made note of the areas that you mention.
    Will make my first trip out in a couple of weeks. If I can find some snow I'll bring it with me.;)

Regards,

13. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Tom,
    Congrats, but with the winter we have had hear you might as well gone down to Florida. tough time for snow equipment out here. Good luck with it. :)

14. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Hi Fran -
    There's the Black Diamond Sno-Way dealer in Woodstock. That's not too far from where you are, is it? I emailed the dealer there when I was in the market for a plow and he seemed to be on the ball.

However, I ended up driving from Bangor ME down to Rochester NH because I had to go to Portland ME for something unrelated anyway, and I worked with Cocheco Equipment there in Rochester - they're a stone's throw from the Maine border although a bit further from you than Woodstock I guess. I had the feeling I could work with either dealer and walk away happy.

15. GregK

GregK Junior Member
    from Chicago

Oh No!

This can't be anything but bad news for us in the Midwest. You'll be hard to replace.

Good luck, and no, you cannot continue to be a Packer fan living out there!

Greg

16. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

MaineMike,

I just did a DeLorme Street Atlas check from my house to Woodstock. It's about 68 miles or 1 1/2 hour drive. It would be nice to have something closer (and in tax-free NH payup ).

Fran

17. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Hi Fran -

Well I think you have pretty good coverage in NH, dealership wise.
    68 miles isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things.
    I'd have to drive 150+ miles for service on my Sno-Way.

But yeah, having a dealer located closer is always better, especially when you're driving around with a plow mounted, I agree.
    And the NH tax break was a nice bonus, no question about it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  18. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Well Greg - he can continue to be a Packers fan, it's just that he'll have to keep this terrible secret hidden and locked away in the closet here in Patriot country.

I lived in Madison, WI for six years before moving to Pittsburgh, PA for five years. You won't get far in Steeler Country as a Packers fan, as I found out, so you learn to keep certain things hidden. I was able to keep a Cheddarhead hat in my basement for five long years without the Steelers "gestapo" discovering it.
    :p

19. toby4492

Greg,

No relocation involved here. I will remain based in Wisconsin so my loyalty to the Green and Gold will not change. I actually lived in Colorado for about 5 years where there are plenty of Packer fans. I used to fly a Packer flag every Sunday during the season until Denver beat Green Bay in the Super Bowl. That day a celebrating fan ripped it and the pole right off my house. :nono:

At that point I made the decision to adopt an AFC team while living there to keep the neighbors happy.;) , but continued my support for the Packers in a more hidden fashion.

20. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Tom,

Sorry to get off of the football for a second but I wanted to update you. I don't know if you remember but I was having trouble with one of the pivots on the power pack frame coming loose and affecting the downpressure. Well the jam nuts yourself and the tech guys suggested seem to be doing the trick.

Is Jeff Hess going to monitor this site like you do? Hope so.

Thanks again and good luck in your new position.

Karl