1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New England snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vis, Dec 25, 2005.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

According to accuweather.com, not looking good for this coming week and the beginning of next week, they are saying rain for southern NE next weekend.

Not good wheres the snow!? :realmad: :gunsfiring:

2. yankees1

yankees1 Junior Member

not good in ct

hopefully we will get hit hard in jan.

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'm getting aggrivated by the absence of snow this season. I am never going to make any money if we don't get any snow!

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

this is why i bid seasonly... the less it snows the more i make

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Same here, 75% are seasonal. I make more if it does not snow and save on equipment, not to mention my time.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It may seem like we're not getting snow, but we're actually way ahead of last year. I didn't get enough to plow last year until Jan 9th. By this date, I'd only gotten 4" on three different days. So far this year, I've gotten 11" and been out twice.

Be patient, in a month you'll wish it'd quit snowing. In two months, many will be ready to start mowing again. Me, I'll probably be ready to take a trip for most of April.

7. mole

mole Senior Member

also with the warm weather the lakes are not freezing, that means more lake effect.

8. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

no lake effect for me.

9. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Well it was nice not having to go out last night! I'm with all of you "Wheres the snow?" Last year by Feb was sick of it! Didn't get much till January, then it was 2 or 3 times a week--Got old after 4 weeks straight!!!!

10. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

11. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I wouldn't mind it snowing three times a month, I like snow 6" and above

12. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

No snow works for Me , I got called to overhaul a 125 HP Joy Reciprocating Air Compressor between X-Mas. & New Years . and need all the time I can get.
    The up side is I can go and buy a new Blizzard or Boss Plow Now. :bluebounc
    Bob

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

We'll see. Hopefully we get a crapload in January, because I never get sick of making money.

14. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

new years eve...:realmad: snow/rain/ice / mess for me to salt/sand.