1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New England records

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by YardMedic, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Record Income, Record # pushes

3 vote(s)
  2. Record Income, more pushes in other years

2 vote(s)
  3. No records set yet but still hoping

2 vote(s)
  4. I'm supposed to keep track of this? Uncle Sam who?

9 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

** disgruntled, underaccumulated members read at your own risk... material may be sensitive to eyes & feelings **

Disclaimer aside, how many northeast folks are making records with plowing / ice management totals? Not looking for gross or net values on here, just a yay or nay.

I'm at a personal best for gross & net incomes, but I'm still short on the number of pushes. I don't have records back to 95/96 when I did 16 pushes (4 in each of Dec, Jan, Feb, March). I didn't have the workload then that I do now. I probably have three times the work now that I did back then.
  2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

we have a high income durring the winter wether it snows or not because our highest paying accounts are yearly accounts. so we get payed if it snows or not. but we are way under what we were in previous years.

our best year most recently was 2003-2004 and we have besed the last few years off that income. and as of right now we are appx 1/2 of what we made then.
  3. scitown

scitown Senior Member

This is my best year ever south of Boston!!! Its also my first with snow removal. :)
  4. YardMedic

Well hopefully people won't see the record snowfalls & think every year will be like this, buying lots of new equipment based on a single year.

Glad things are going well though!
  5. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

So far this year, I've had 20 plowable storms with most only one push each (mostly residential) since we havn't had any "major" snowfall events. The largest event in my area was 11". I've only been doing snow-removal the last 4 years and most of those were light so this year definetely set records for me.
  6. YardMedic

I seem to recall most of the last 10 years had been about 7-10 plowable events for me. I always used a 3" trigger though & often had questionable plowings (though I would make a few phone calls & use the "majority rules" theory in plowing or not).
  7. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I don't Keep track of pushes per storm etc. but I have grossed more this year then any in the last ten years. Including plow and sand events I have had 26 " storms ".
  8. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

Boston 2007-2008 52" inches so far.
    Boston 2006-2007 17" inches total.

We are in into six numbers with gross profits. Big fireworks this July 4th!!!
  9. stroker

stroker Junior Member

I've been plowing residential/small lots in northern Mass, since 73.
    95 /96 was probably the record with 110 stops and about 16 pushes running just two trucks but that year was tough on everything though.

I'm happy with this year. The timing was bad on most storms but I've cut out the whiners and dead heads and have about 88 now . Having two to three pushes a month, some just making the trigger made it a decent winter but no records. We're just content.