1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New england guys!!! C'mon post some pics!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Stuffdeer, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

We all know your getting hit by like 14 kajillion feet of snow.

I think you should post some pictures.
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i think there still out plowing... wish i was:cry:
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

My buddy from Northboro Mass called me and said he had about 12" in his yard. I called him a name and said it was &^%$##G 78 degrees here yesterday :realmad:

I'm so mad I'm not home I could cry :cry:
  4. hdcust

hdcust Junior Member

Well I dont have any pics but DAMN I am sick of plowing already!!!! It seems like it has been snowing or having ice storms since the 3rd of december.
    Can I have a few days off so I can go snowmobiling????
  5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I hate you.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Oh get a load of this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I know what he is talking about. We have plowed 5 times already, salted i'm not sure how many and had 3 freezing rain storms. This sucks and is way to early. Most of the guys were not ready.
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I know, I was kidding. Has it been mostly wet and heavy snow?
  9. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Just got in! About 5 to 9 around here. Nice and light!!!!:drinkup:
  10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

all i want for christmas is 2" of snow...
  11. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Just got in. We were called out by the town at 2pm, called in at 3am. I was driving a John Deer back-hoe with a 9ft p/angle Western. at 2:15 pm I got hit in the left corner of my blade by a 17yo kid in shorts and a t-shirt!!!!. Impact destroyed the car {he was wrote up for crossing the center line} and broke my left angle cyl in half. I went back to the garage and removed the cyl, capped the line, and pinned the blade hard right. Finished the storm and will pick up a new cyl in the morning.
    This was bound to happen when it starts snowing at noon on a work day. You would have thought these people never saw snow before.
  12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I just got in, its now 4:33 am. I had my worst plowing experience yet tonight. I went to do a drive at about 12am, this was my first time doing this particular drive, it is a driveway that leads to a culdesac type of turn around deal with a large garden in the middle of it. So I pushed some snow to the end of the driveway, the tires spun a little, the truck started to slid down the hill to my side a little and then a little more and a little more. Its not a severe hill but enough to put me in the woods or into about a 2-3 foot snow bank made by my pass. So I started digging it out and all that good stuff, and nothing worked.

So onto the next step, I had no one to call at all to help me or give me a pull so about an hour later, as an absolute last resort, I called my mother with her honda ridgeline....:cry:lol

So I hooked the tow chains up and started pulling it and of course the little honda was getting whiped around the place trying to pull the truck out and wasn't quite doing it. So after another hour or so of digging, It finally pulled it out but when it did, it pulled it right across the island in the turnaround with the garden!:dizzy:

So of course that got really messed up, so I was like well at this point I'll just keep hauling it out of here. But of course things needed to get harder. I was about 6 inches from their well cap... and I was still REALLY stuck. So I dug, and dug, and dug, and put down about 5 bags of sands and icemelt in their garden for traction. And I then drove it out. After all this a few hours were lost, and a lot of energy. It was horrible. Is this why lots of you guys say you hate residentials? What would you guys have done in this situation? Is there anything I'm missing?

Sry I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I saw the above story and thought it would be a good place for it.

I left a note apoligizing about the garden, and saying there is no charge for this plowing lol. But I am thinking of dropping the contract with this one, because this driveway is absolutly rediclous. Its not even paved so the ice is horrendous.
  13. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

And heres another story. I was plowing our own parking lots and some moron decided to leave his car there overnight tonight, even though its in the lease that overnight parking is strictly forbiddon. Now I've told this guy time and time again not to do this. It has been an on going thing for a year or so. I left it till 11 and then called the tow truck and he didn't want to get out of bed, so I just "went a little fast" past the car. Heres the results, he'll have fun in the morning....

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  14. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

HAhaha. I think he'll learn the next time!
  15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Are you sure about that, Usually it takes people about 3 times to learn, and by the 3rd time, there should be more snow, so more snow means the more it will be burried.
  16. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr9zFUYTU5U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr9zFUYTU5U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nothing to special, but it'll work.
  17. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

plowed on place 9 times already this month.

I plowed our local rite aide 3 times yesterday! I'm not tired of plowing but I'm sick of stupid people! Went to take pictures yesterday and dropped it in the snow don't think it works now, didn't tell the wife yet next time she goes to use it "What did you do?" Sunday will have deal with the a$$h0les again I better go to church Saturday night to ask for forgiveness for Sunday.
  18. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

HAHA, I have done that myself on a few ocations. One time we new the guy but he continued to park right in the way, so we made his car dissapear. We ended up digging it out with the skid a couple days later, that was the last time he parked there though. We all got a kick out of it so it was OK.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  19. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

My blade was on the ground from 2PM yesterday to 8Am this morning
  20. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

I'd say around 530AM was when it stopped being fun.