1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New England 1/15/07

Discussion in 'Weather' started by DeereFarmer, Jan 14, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What is veryone hearing for tomorrow? Last night they were saying some pretty good icing changing to to snow. Looks like 2-4" for most of Western and Central Mass. Maybe more like 4" in NH. Anybody hear this? They changed the forcast today, however.:realmad:

2. Rickco

Rickco Member

Rain,ice and very little,if any snow. :cry:

3. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

From the underground:

Rain with a chance of sleet this morning...then rain this afternoon. Little or no sleet accumulation. Highs around 40. Northeast winds around 5 mph this morning...becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

This is for today and the remainder of the year.

4. KHB

KHB Member

Rain in my area

5. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

i've read 3-4" at the Northshore area. 6"+NH

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

6"-12" depending

White Mnts... Looks like 6"-12" depending on who you listen too or watch....The only one not predicting is the weather channel they are still saying an inch on the 8's.....It is snowing now!!!!

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Guaranteed rain in my area.:realmad:

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I don't know about tomorrow. The only prediction I can make is for today - We will get snow - and that prediction is only because I can look out the window. It is snowing. How much? Stand by and ask me tomorrow. I guarantee 100% accuracy.

9. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

All ice so far.. had to go out and salt this am real heavy now a break in the precip.. gona be a long night of frezing rain I think!!!

10. SnoShark

SnoShark Junior Member

11. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

I think a lot depends on how cold it gets during monday. New Hampshire looks like they will get some snow, but I think Massachusetts might have a 50/50 chance. Communities in the north shore like me, or anyone in Ma located along the border probably have the best chance for any snow. I havent heard any numbers maybe a couple inches or so... I figure ill put the plow on and hope for the best.

12. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Well I will tell you right now, tempurature is 29 degrees and its a drizzling here. There is a coat of ice starting to form on everything.

13. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

NECN is saying Ice and rain for N.Shore and Snow in NH. I have grown to hate the weather men. I live in S. east MA and they say maybe some snow on Monday night into Tuesday. But they never say how much. At least the ground will be cold enough

14. Nepatsfn

Nepatsfn Junior Member
    from NH

Snow!!!!!!

I heard 6-10 last night on channel 9. I am dying to try my new plow:waving:

15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

what are you going to be running?? Where in NH are you?

Lets hope for some good snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Cold rain here in my area, ice is starting to form.Maybe it will snow ,i didn,t bother hooking up my plows today.:rolleyes:

17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

If im lucky maybe some black ice Monday night

18. Jderr

Jderr Junior Member

nothing but rain here this winter sucks. im ready to get the bikes out:cry:

19. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

3-8" depending who you listen to. My truck is ready to go. wesport

20. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey Mick, the dopes on WLBZ are calling for 4-8 for most of the state, 2-4 for southern coast because of mixing with sleet. I'll believe it when I see it.

We've got about 2 1/2 inches today and is snowing now (740pm). (machias area)

I'll check back tomorrow night for your predictions. :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007