1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"New" Dump

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EGLC, Feb 19, 2011.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

2002 F450XL 65K miles 7.3L diesel auto

yes that is a '99 front head lights, they were damaged and replaced.
    truck has new; batteries, starter, fuel filter front brakes & rear brakes + rotors, & new continental tires

its going in asap for a paint job! and I will upgrade the front bumper to a chrome XLT one and the dump body is going to have custom steal removable sides fabbed up.

the MM2 fisher brackets are FOR SALE

2002 F450a.jpg

2002 F450b.jpg

2002 F450c.jpg
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Damn, why would you want to paint it??:laughing: Looks like a people hauler. Looking forward to seeing the changes you make.
  3. Moto52

Moto52 Member
    from Ontario

Is that an original ford paint job? i've never seen that skin colour paint job before lol...
  4. man4054

man4054 Senior Member

It's the Brickman colors. It's a company that paints all the trucks the same light and dark brown color
  5. jonvan

jonvan Junior Member

It's an old Brickman truck moto...
  6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That will be a nice looking truck when your done, and you can haul a lot of crew with that.
  7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Not gonna plow with it?
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Now new are those tires? they look old and the 2 front ones look different. You should update the whoe front end grille lights and bumper. Whats it getting painted white?
  9. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

same color as that dodge in the last pic.
  10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a solid truck.
  11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Um no the tires are basically new, he replaced them last fall and put under 1k miles on the truck since then....they're all continentals.

I will pull out the headlights and front turn signals and put the 02-04 style back in. I'm not going to spend $500 to go to the 05 front end. This is a work truck.

I'm torn between blue like the dodge in the last picture or a forest green.

It held up the ride home (abt 250mi) going 70-80mph @ around 2700rpm.

I don't plow with fischer plows. Just western pro plus's! ;)
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  12. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

That is awesome truck, and it is FORD way to go.
  13. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i dont think thats a brickman truck..they are 2-tone with dark brown on the bottom. where did you buy this truck EGLC?

i think i know they guy that runs that company. i work at a body shop and we just painted a brand new f-550 that color cause he paints all the trucks in his fleet that color..
  14. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

That a nice dump I would paint it same color as your dodge so it matches, but on the other hand forest green is a nice color.
  15. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

You're probably not finding any of the valuable information because it's actually "FISHER" ussmileyflag

I'm all for interchangability, but you DO have something great there with the Fisher setup.
  16. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Looks good! Cant wait to see it fixed up!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice looking truck...cant wait to see the pictures of it all painted up
  18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a 100% it was a brickman truck. I bought it off a private owner who is closing up shop and this was the last of 5 trucks.

I honestly would never pay to paint a truck white. Everyone has that color and I want to stand out. I'd paint my 03 too but I don't plan on keeping it long.

As far as fisher mispelling I hit the wrong key on my tiny BB keyboard. There is nothing "great" about the. They are made my DD just like my westerns. And I prefer pro plus's. I've owned 3 and love them.
  19. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Look at the box. It is the Brickman sh*t brown. The one you painted might have been painted slighty differently. Brickman is a nationwide company, their trucks are everywhere. There is a Brickman in Naperville, IL. I can't see you painting the trucks for there.

That has got to be Brickman truck... unless there is some other dumb b*stard is painting his trucks those... ah.... unique.?. colors. Or maybe the guy that owned it after Brickman only painted the bottom as a cheap way to try and make it look half way presentable.
  20. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

nevermind, my last post. EGLC got it! :D