1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New dump truck pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SullivanSeptic, Apr 15, 2010.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I posted pics of the new dump already but I figured I start a new thread since I will have a few photos of the old and new decals. Here are some pics of the truck when I got it. You can see the horrible orange stripping. Actually, its painted on. I found out that the orange was the second coat of paint on this truck. It had purple under it. You can see in the pictures what I am talking about. The removed paint is after about 20 mins of work. A little "easy off oven cleaner" and a hose and it just melts off. I will add more pics of the truck as I get it detailed then relettered.

The truck is actually a metallic forest green in color. Who in paints purple graphics on a green truck, then thinks its ugly, and changes it to red/orange? Talk about colors that do not go together.

3-31-2010 042.jpg

3-31-2010 048.jpg

Paint removal 001.jpg

Paint removal 004.jpg

Paint removal 009.jpg
  2. SullivanSeptic

More pics of the paint removal

Paint removal 010.jpg

Paint removal 012.jpg

Paint removal 013.jpg

Paint removal 006.jpg

Paint removal 007.jpg
  3. SullivanSeptic

And a few more pics

Paint removal 008.jpg

Paint removal 005.jpg

Paint removal 014.jpg

Paint removal 015.jpg
  4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE Dump truck!!
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

looking good, are you leaving it green?
  6. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

looks nice for a sterling, what motor & trans in in it?
  7. SullivanSeptic

Yeah its gonna stay green. I will add some graphics and lettering in my normal colors of white and shades of green.
    It has a Cat 3126 motor with an 8LL Eaton trans
  8. mrsops

mrsops Senior Member

How do the sterling trucks hold up? Buddy of mine is not happy with his. I also hear a lot of truckers saying its not a REAL TRUCK lol what ever that means lol
  9. SullivanSeptic

Well its my second one. I think they hold up great. All trucks beak down and need a little TLC. I always here guys that I work with saying "my Pete or Mack or KW never breaks down". They are all full of crap. It all depends on how you take care of them.