1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new dump for us

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jul 1, 2012.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

here she is at the temp shop. gonna get detailed soon and i will post more pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

6500 or 7500? Nice truck!, are those chrome rims or covers? GVW?

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

nice dump looks brand new now with out the detailing . nice tractor in background too what model is that? do you run a blower behind that .

4. PTSolutions

its an 03 c6500 with a 25,500gvwr and high torque cat 3126. they are just simulators, if i ever find a deal on some aluminum 22.5's then i may pick them up, if not oh well. the cab/frame is in great shape the bed is pretty good for 03, no holes or anything. may weld a new sheet on the floor since its stretched in some areas. new godwin dump beds are pretty cheap around here though.

the tractor is a kioti dk90, 90hp full cab etc... we run a shoule s492 behind it. was our first year last winter with it and it cut the routes in half, absolute ridiculous difference in efficiency. check out the thread: switching to blowing service i started in the heavy equipment forum, lots of good info we discussed in there prior to purchasing this unit and a few others on here switched to blowing this year as well.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

what were you able to scoop that truck for if you dont mind

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great, that's what I'm looking for.

7. PTSolutions

not a problem, got it for 18k with 134,500miles. we were originally looking for a 550 but everything we liked was priced 28-35k. i figured going for something like this with more payload for less money but still compact enough to work in our suburbs was a good trade off. she has a tighter turning radius than my 350 srw lwb pickup and she'll be good for plowing as well.

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Looks great! good price as well!

paint the headlight buckets black or red, the gray just sticks out too much!

9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

sweet ride, what are you putting on for a blade? get some pics up when it has the winter gear on!

10. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice !! I think it needs more lights, JMO

11. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Nice grab, their turning radius is amazing, we have 2 4500 ambulances that beat out our e-450s

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

GM in there wisdom messed up those 4500-5500 trucks where great plenty of cab room higher better visability and a heavier fram than it's ford counterpart. I think if they brought the 4x4 in earlier and priced them a little cheaper they would of sold more of them . but i think the bigest thing i heard is they are too big, lacked power and braking, but for something that was a step up from a 1 ton i think they where pretty good.

13. PTSolutions

yes, the turning radius is amazing on this thing, even better than my f350 srw crew cab long bed lol, thats an ocean liner.

for how much we work in suburbs this is a perfect truck for us. its an allison 3000 auto with plenty of power. it officially plated at 25,200 and weighs 13k empty.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Such a thing doesn't exist. Always room for more!

Good looking truck though!

15. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Nice truck, What are you going to run for a plow ?

16. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How is the power? I know a lot of the Top Kicks can be pretty nutless. Are you going to plow with it?