1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Dogg...VMD

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by nick_snonomo, Jan 15, 2013.

1. nick_snonomo

nick_snonomo Junior Member

Hey guys,

Picked up this Snowdogg 7’6” VMD for my '99 F-150 earlier this month. Got it "used" from a welding shop an hour away...saved some money compared to buying it new. I was amazed to even find one "used" because I thought Snowdogg came out with this plow last year? Anyway, it was only used a handful of times last year (we only had 2 events last year). Of course, since I purchased it...we have had NO SNOW here in Southern Minnesota! I’ve done some clean up with it and can’t wait to get moving some powder with it! Anyway, I figured I'd post some pics and also ask a few questions.

As far as changing hydraulic oil after the season, what brand should I use for this plow?
    Best brand of dielectric grease to use in the offseason?
    Lastly...and this may be a stupid question...do you guys turn off the vehicle airbags when plowing? Just curious... Thanks for any replies.

2013-01-15 12.20.51.jpg

2013-01-15 12.21.20.jpg

2013-01-15 12.22.05.jpg

2. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Snowdogg plows use SAM brand fluid. It's pretty easy to find. Any brand of dielectric grease is fine. Lastly, I don't turn off the airbag, and I don't know any others that do either.

3. nick_snonomo

nick_snonomo Junior Member

Thanks brg

4. caseihmx290

caseihmx290 Junior Member

Snowdogg VMD 75

hey I'm going to get my snowdogg vmd this Sept. I was wondering if you could tell me if it is worth having the v blade versus a straight blade. And how your truck handled it too, did you have to add or beef up the front suspension?

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Snowdogg personnel told us to use rust check penetrating oil on all the plugs because it's a lot thicker for lube and last.

6. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

A v blade will allow you to scoop snow and be more efficient. You can still use it lik a straight blade if you want.

7. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

that plow weighs 700lbs with out the truck mount to where as a straight depending on the size is between 450 - 670 lbs on a straight blade that is for a 1/2 ton truck. A straight blade with wings will carry a ton of snow. Ecspecialy the snowdog with the fold back wings. they will add 2ft to over all length of plow as well as some weight