1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Dogg is finally on

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by F150dash, Dec 9, 2009.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

Finally got my new MD75 today. We left here at 6 am, arrived at 8 am, they took my truck in and had it until 5:45pm. I had my construction foreman come with me with my car so that I had something to do all day. When we left the dealer it had started to snow, it took 3 hrs to get home, nasty snow storm here right now. So i cleaned up my driveway when I got home from the storm last weekend, the Dogg works awesome. Will try to get some pics tommrow. The guys at Ocean truck in Dartmouth were awesome. The mechanic was having one long day, 2 trucks came in at 5:30pm, looked like a long night for him.

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Cool beans...!:drinkup:
    Look forward to the pics...

3. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

I am getting my dogg put on right now as I speek, those pictures would be awesome, also how many inches did you push with it so far?

4. F150dash

F150dash Member

Pushed about 4", But not in a happy mood...went to take it off and the jack won;t fit in to work, I can;t get it to sit in the holes as it won;t go by the life cylinder, any ideas would be great.

5. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

When I go into today to pick up my plow I will ask the salesman about your issue, and maybe he will have an answer. Wait" So the jack wouln't work in order to drop your plow?

6. F150dash

F150dash Member

Can;tget the jack ino the place that it goes into so that I can crank it up.

7. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

Well so your saying that I should make sure that they show me everything before I pull away?

8. F150dash

F150dash Member

Pics are off my phone so not real clear but you get the point.

IMG00244.jpg

IMG00243.jpg

9. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Just wondering, what is the Front, Rear, and Gross weight ratings for your truck?

10. F150dash

F150dash Member

It is 6950 gross, 3750 front and 3800 rear. I also have the heavy duty spring package.

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Your talking about the jack so you can take the plow off your truck right? Doesn't it just stay mounted onto the blade?

12. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Those holes on the frame for where the jack goes are a bit off. I have the same moedl and have had the same problme, but if you just keep working at it, they'll pop in.

If they fit in there before, they'll fit again!

13. F150dash

F150dash Member

I GOT IT, thank god......with a little play u can get it but it takes some work.

14. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Are Is the Heavy Duty springs the only difference between a truck with and without plow package?

I'm just asking because I have a 2008 F150 SuperCab also. Mine has 6950 gross, 3600 front, and 3800 rear. Every where I looked for plows for it the dealers had never heard of a 3600lb front axle on and F150. When I look at the online calculator tools they don't list them either. I have yet to find another F150 with the 3600lb front axle. They are all 3750 and up. It seems odd to me that I have the only 04-08 F150 in existence with a 3600 lb front axle.

Thanks for answering my questions.

15. F150dash

F150dash Member

You can't get a plow package on a supercab here, I have the XLT with the XTR package, I wanted the heavier springs at the time because of my construction trailers, and the weight of material that I move. I don;t recall seeing a front axl with a 3600 gross on it for a supercab. Do you have the 4.6 or the 5.4?

16. F150dash

F150dash Member

Do you have a 5'5" box on that truck? The gross may be 6800, if you go to the snowdogg plow selector and put an 08 supercab with a 5'5 box and a 46 you can get a 6800 gross with a 3600 front end. Hope this helps. Also says that you can put an MD75 on it.

17. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Nope, it's a SuperCab 6.5' box 4x4 w/ 4.6 V8. It's an STX to be exact.

Door jamb sticker says 3600 front, 3800 back, and 6950 gross. I'm sure it's more than capable of holding a plow it just seems odd that nobody has this configuration anywhere else.

18. F150dash

F150dash Member

Well that is strange, not sure what to tell you but I would say a snowdogg md75 would be fine on that truck.

19. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Yea, I'm sure it would. Been debating buying a plow for it as a backup just in case my F250 decides to break down again. Destroyed a drive shaft during the last storm here.

Thanks for all the info.

20. MKEPETE

MKEPETE Junior Member

Tosa md 75

Tosa, you should not have a problem with a md 75 on that truck. You could put a set of timbrens to help out.