1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowman55, Nov 13, 2008.

1. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a chevy man but just added a dodge 2500 4 door 5.7 hemi. putting a western wide out on it. how do you guys like your dodges?

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

After I stopped throwing up in my mouth everytime I saw the interior I really like it. It rides much better than I thought it would, never had any problems at all.
    I do have the Cummins so its a little different but...

Post some pics when you get a chance, congrats on the new purchase wesport you will either love it or hate it being a chevy guy and all.

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Lets see... Had a chev, chev, chev, chev, GMC, Dodge, Chev, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge.........

Not to long ago I was a Chevy diehard. Then a friend picked up a 03 Dodge 1500 which I purchased. Treated the truck like a 1 ton and not one issue. Recently picked up an 06 2500 and love the truck. Personally I look at all long haul trailer pullers. 8 of 10 are in a Dodge. Depending on the year of the truck you picked up you should like it.

4. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

UH, YEA! Its like, uh, having a real diesel huh. Don't know what your deal with the interior is. Can't wear a cowboy hat in any chevy, or stretch your legs out.

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Oh come on... the interior on the '06+ trucks is ugly! the rest of the truck I love. I bought it for the Cummins, that motor is unreal

6. snowman55

well spent a day driving it. its a 08' I think I'll let one of my guys have it. After 100 miles of city driving I want my 05' chevy back. I cant get the puke out of my mouth.

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

whats wrong with it? how come you didn't just buy a chevy then? not trying to bust your balls but 100 miles and your already sick of it :confused:

8. snowman55

no red 08 chev 2500 available and 09 cost $30000 for a stripper reg cab. picked up the dodge for $23000. didnt say it was a bad truck but the chevy drives better with 80000 miles on it, the cup holders suck, and the plain jane plastic interior is ugly.

9. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Sure the interior is ugly but what plain Jane work truck turns heads. All I know is the 6.0L chevy in the gassers is stuipid hard on fuel. I have heard good things about the new 5.7's and fuel milage. On the HWY 21-23mpg is common.

The funny thing was that I too hated how the Dodge drove and handled. The suspension seemed way to rough. After going back to the Chev I really hated the sloppy water bed ride of the 2500HD. Give the truck some time and abuse it.

Think of it this way---- BUY THREE GET ONE FREE!!!!!---