1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mike1316, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

What to u guys think of the 2011 ram 2500 hd. with a hemi its a 4 door short bed. Also what snow plow to put on it I am new to ram. Thanks

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm thinking of getting one too, wanna buy it for me? :laughing::laughing:
    They look like a really nice truck, scroll down and you'll find a thread where plowguy43 did a write up on his test trial in the new Ram.
    Put whatever plow you want to on the Hemi. I run a 9.5 XV on mine and wouldn't hesitate to put it on a 2011.

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Wouldn't go any smaller then a 9.5 of some sort or a wide out.
    It's a big truck anything else will be a waste and look stupid.

4. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

I'm thinking of one too, I kinda want to get a diesel but I haven't heard much good about any of the new motors, the urea, and all the other crap, I think the gas would just be easier...and the most i pull would be 8 or 9 thousand pounds. plus Dodge has some good rebates going on right now!

5. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

I dont think the Dodge Cummins needs Urea,,, only Ford and GM

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Dodge only utilizes urea in their cab chassis trucks. The 6.7 has pretty much all the bugs worked out of it now. The only issues I have are lower fuel efficiency with the emissions crap. I'm going to install a dpf delete kit and get rid of all that crap once the programming is out.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Mike1316- I put almost 200 miles on a Crew Hemi 2500 for a weekend and loved the truck. DO NOT base any opinions on the 2010's from the earlier models. It is a completely different truck that has the nicest ride, IMO best interior, and plenty of room. The new HEMI with 380+HP has a lot of power (broke the tires loose at 30 or so when merging into traffic). Plus it has a bunch of smaller things that I liked- compartments built into the rear floor to hold drinks or whatever, storage everywhere, electric rear slider, etc. All 3 3/4 tons are awesome trucks and wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them but I think Dodge has the nicest of all 3 for the money. I just looked at a Ford and Chevy extended cab trucks that were pretty basic with power options and plow prep that were stickere for $38-$39k. I then saw a TRX Ram crew cab with plow prep and power options for $42k. IMO there is a lot more you get in the ram for the price difference.