1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new dodge ram need plow but clueless

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hiii98, Nov 14, 2008.

1. hiii98

hiii98 Member

i just bought a 1999 dodge ram 2500, extrended cab and bed. I want to plow snow this winter commercially. I a 100% newbie and want to buy a inexpensive but decent plow and setup. If anyone could please make some recommendations on how i can save money and get a decent plow I am open. Also my brother is a mechanic and can install the setup.

Thanks guys

2. anolke

anolke Junior Member

Well Ryan I am a newbie also but I looked at it this way I plan on doin gthis for awhile so I bought a new blizzard 760sw for my 1/2 ton I think you could get the 860sw on your truck. I did a lot of looking and thought that was the best buy I paid $5000 parts and lbr for it cause it was not worth the hasle to put in on my self.
  3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Your gettin a pretty late start for getting a job or accounts this season. Don't want to discourage you in any way but just my opinion. As for what plow to get, the options are endless. Get somethin atleast 8 feet wide. What color is your truck? Fisher makes some aweosme stainless steel blades, and Boss makes a great 8.2 foot V Blade.
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I started out with a used plow set up. I spent the spring and summer looking and found a great deal on a plow in "like new" condition for about $2000.00

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Check out the local free web based classifieds. Lots of deals but be patient. Look for a blade which came off you model truck and is a simple swap. Trying to find the correct light kit and mounting hardware will become costly. Good luck and happy reading. A few night of research on this site will put you leaps and bounds ahead of all the other newbies.
  6. hiii98

hiii98 Member

why is it kinda late? I could have a plow on in a weekend

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

most comeercials are already signed up and if they are not that means they are waiting to make a decision and those ones are usually a pain. unless you are thinking about subbing and helping someone out who already has contracts. that is probably a lot better idea. another idea would be to ask any dealers in your area that sell plows. they might have taken a trade in or somehting and that way you would also be able to ask for help if you needed it. I have also found plows at used car/truck dealers, where the dealer takes off the plow to sell the truck. good luck. check teh plowsite board forsale