1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new dodge dakotas

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by nalegtx, Jan 28, 2009.

1. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

anyone plow any driveways or anything with the new dodge dakotas? i have a 05 and unsure of which plow to get. split on the Blizzard 7600LT, Fisher SD 7'6" or the So-Way 26 series. any input would help guys. I currently plow for my work (auto dealership) use a F-350 with a 9' Fisher. thanx.....this would be for my driveway and my parents driveway. both about 75'-100' long

2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I plow with the older body style Dakota. The newer ones are supposedly slightly smaller overall, but have a beefier frame and payload ratings.

The Blizzard 7600 LT is a fine plow for the size because its a 29" High Blade typical for 3/4 Ton Trucks. 1/2 Ton Trucks usually get away with 26" Tall Blades. The Fisher SD 7'6" I wouldn't consider. The Blizzard is more plow for less weight.

That said, the best option is still te Sno-Way 26. I use the Sno-Way MT 7'6" which is the older version of the 26 7'6". The added Down Pressure is awesome especially for back dragging and Ice (like what I had to clean today.)

It really is a no brainer in regards to options.

1) Sno-Way 26 7'6"
    2) Blizzard 7600LT

Wouldn't consider any other options for that truck.

PS if you want pics of mine, just see my photo album.