1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Dodge CTD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jonw440, Jul 12, 2005.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I just bought this last Friday. Auto with 4:10 limited slip,slt, cd tow plow package, ect. I will be getting a Boss straight blade. Boss web site says I can only install a 7 1/2 due to the diesel weight.....
  2. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

3. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Last one... for now. I traded in my 01 5.9 gas with Meyer 7 1/2 cant wait for the snow to fly!!
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thats freakin awesome. im drooling. dodges are saweeet. actually all the trucks on the market now are saweet. but I like the power of the cummins...

you need to get a sign on your back window that says

"I'd rather be cummin' than strokin'"
  5. Nuth

Nuth Junior Member

awesome truck!! :drinkup:
  6. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Very nice. Dodge did a great job with the look of their trucks. I hated them a while back but now they look a lot better. I currently hate the way the Fords look.
  7. MISnowMan

MISnowMan Junior Member

Got a similiar one

I purchased a similar looking dodge except it had the metalic silver exterior and chrome cab steps, and dodge mud flaps. I talked to a few Boss plow dealers and they told me I could put a 8'2" poly power V plow on no problem. They put one on and it doesn't sag much at all. I even talked to the Dodge dealer and they said it doesn't void the warranty. Can't wait till winter to try out the new toy.
  8. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Me too!!!!
    I was "considering" one ...until I saw the new grill.
  9. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Great looking truck. I, too, considered the Dodges, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my F250. Also, I agree, I don't care for the way the new 05's look, either. I think they are kinda ugly.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Gorgeous! The best of luck and happy plowing!
  11. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Nice rig, lotsa luck to ya!
  12. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

ne dodges

I just purchased an 05 Cummins dodge. I traded in a 94 Cummins dodge. The engineering on this rig is much better than the old one. This one has some real brakes, quiet, POWER and the u joints on the front differential are huge! Less electrical wiring also this means less chance of corrosion causing an electrical problem. Engine compartment is more open easier to service engine. But they still have the fuel filter in a hard to get place. But they did change the filter to a easier to maintain type.

This truck has no vacuum on it either. All electric. The vacuum pump on the 94 cost $2000 to replace. Yes that is not a typo. And that is just for the pump no labor!

My kids just got a hemi dodge I will see how that runs. Maybe we can have some friendly competition!.. I can see it now... father and daughter arrested for drag racing in Akron!....

Purchased a C8 Meyer. Will install it soon and should be "good to go"