1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New dodge 1 ton

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by speedracer241, Sep 6, 2003.

1. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

These are some pics of my new 1 ton Dodge. It is a 1983 4x4 with low miles.

full side.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  2. speedracer241

heres another

dodge side.jpg

3. speedracer241

Here's the gauges. These are correct miles.

gauge cluster.jpg

4. speedracer241

Heres the interior. Most of the dirt is from me driving it.

interior.jpg

5. speedracer241

Heres a shot of the 360 engine. It has the original hoses on it and they are in really great comdition. The smog equipt. is still in place, never seen that before:eek:

underhood.jpg

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

WOW, she's a beaut! What are you gonna outfit her with? That looks like a great workhorse, my buddy has a 90 Ramcharger and its unstoppable!:gunsfiring:

7. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Nice truck especially for 83. That will definitely be a good truck to plow with.:waving:

8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Nice truck.

Hows the cab corners I know the cab was the first thing to start rotting out on our 1989 at the golf course. Slap a nice new Minute Mount on that old iron and im sure you will have a nice older plow truck for yourself.

Jay

9. speedracer241

I have another 71/2' Western I am going to put on it. Like to have something just a bit bigger but that is what I already have. I am thinking a set of wings is a definite must.

The cab is in great shape. There is 1 hole is the right hand rocker panel. It looks like something, maybe a steel fence post, was flung up by the tire and poked thru it. There is a little rust on the box sides but not bad yet.

I have never seen an older vehicle with the smog equipt. in place. Looks to me everything is still functional, just throw the belt on the smog pump.

I hope to be working in a bodyshop sometime in the future, then I will put a little paint on it. It was silver, and we all know that silver went bad.

Well I'll quit rambling on now,
    Mark K

10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Thats a work horse. Good luck with it:waving:

11. wyldman

wyldman Member

Very nice truck Mark.

12. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Sweet truck,defintely a rare find,most 1 tons are beat to death at 20 yrs old. Good luck with it.

13. speedracer241

Thanks for the compliments.:D

Hope to start building the plow mount this weekend.

Later,
    Mark K

14. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Just sold my dodge :( . Had no use for it anymore it was a sad day for me. My dads cousin is taking it and going to finish what i never did so that is a good thing I guess. Were thinking about putting a plow on the 3500 chevy my dad has Nice new 8.5 Western and itll steer right and have a radio....:nod: Sorry for posting this on here but seeing that old one ton reminds me of mine. By the way nice looking dodge speedracer.
    Eric

15. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Heres my 90 1 ton.

quad and truck pics 00707.jpg

16. speedracer241

Nice truck:waving:

Wish mine had cab lights.
    Mark K

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Mark,

I'm not sure how difficult the headliner in those trucks is to remove, but I bought a kit from Pacer Performance for $27. It hadd all five lights, screws, bulbs and wiring for the installation. I also don't know what style of lights those Dodges would have come with, but they make many styles. http://www.pacerperformance.com

The installation is very simple, measure twice, drill once, and you can be done in about 3-4 hours. I'm very happy with how they turned out.

18. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Headliner comes down easy.....getting it back is a different story :rolleyes: yea you can get them right out of JC whitney too I bought them for my GMC took an hour to install and wire them. They give you a switch but I wired mine to the parking lights so they come on automatically.
    Thanks for the compliment its gone now though :( went the other night to its new owners house.
    Eric

19. speedracer241

I took mine out today to test the 4x4.

mud pics 002.jpg