1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new diesel cuming.

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by 1olddogtwo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL2N0GL1RX20130820?feedType=RSS&irpc=43

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

looks like a ford to me.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If only it wasn't a Nissan.

5. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Now if only Toyota would get there heads out of there @$$es and build a 3/4 or 1 ton with a diesel or even with out one just a bigger truck.........

6. mercer_me

I wish they would. I think a 3/4 ton Tundra would be very successful.

7. DIRISHMAN

Agreed Mecer think they would give some of the big boys a run for their MONEY heck in my opinion they almost all ready have a 3/4 ton with the way the tundra is Built now....Just imagine a 3/4 or 1 ton Tundra Diesel WHAWHOOOO

8. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

Just buy a ram 3/4 ton...a Tundra is just a 1/2 ton Ram.

9. DIRISHMAN

Ummmmmm No there is no ram horn on the tundra nor the ball joint issues...may as well buy a KIA...lol

10. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

I think Toyota is buying frames from one of the big 3 , those awsome Tundras are rotting out rapidly.

11. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Id buy a toyota 3/4-1 ton. I think it would be a bas a$$ truck

12. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

True...I was thinking about the engines. I think it was Paul Davis racing that copied the Ram 5.7 and slapped it in a Tundra. I could have the name wrong though.

13. 07titan

07titan Member

I've been running my titan for 4 yrs now. 2 yrs plowing and love it. I actually would be interested in a 3/4 ton Titan. Just my opinion

14. mercer_me

15. 07titan

07titan Member

So I see. looks like a v6 only for toyo.

16. mercer_me

I doubt a V6 will be very popular. If only it was a 5.9 24 valve strait six.....Thumbs Up

17. DIRISHMAN

Would think weight displacement on either would be a big issue.not sure what would weigh more V6 or straight 6.I think a straight would be better

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Exactly, do you think they will be useable for snowplowing? There is barely enough excess front axle weight in the 3/4 ton diesels to carry a plow do you think there will be ANY excess capacity in a 1/2 ton?

You can say you will ignore the weight restrictions but if no plow manufacturer makes a mount because of FVMSSA restrictions and the truck's inability to carry the extra weight you could be SOL. Particularly if (as Dodge has done with the 2013) the diesels have their own frame and/or the manufacturer (as Ford has done with the F150) prohibits mounting a plow.

19. 07titan

07titan Member

Im waiting to see how the 5.0 cummins works out with nissan. I hope they come out w a beefier front end than what they have now. I love my titan and its a great plow truck and daily driver.

20. DIRISHMAN

Exactly, do you think they will be useable for snowplowing?:nod:

LOL...... Basher Come on If the average Joe is will to put a 8.5 plow on a 1500 Ya think they wont try putting one on One of those rigs.....:laughing: