1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Demo Fisher/Western pro flo 1000obo

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tediesel, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

This is a new demo Fisher Speedcaster spreader. It is in great condition and was never used other than to show it off. It was on a new truck and only had a bag or 2 thru it. I tested it out today and everything is free and quiet, works 100%. It comes with the arms that slide into the truck side mount. I have a pro flo of my own and just welded a reciever tube to it. It is much cheaper and easier to do that than to use the Fisher mounts. This does not include a control or the truck side mount. They can both be had on ebay or from a dealer. On my pro flo I used a 50 amp toggle switch and a 30 amp fuse to send power to it. It works great that way. I use my pro flow with bulk only and never have any problem with it bridging up unless it freezes up in the box. This is the same so it should handle bulk fine as long as you keep it dry. Any questions just ask. I will also take a trade or trade toward something if you have something interesting (v-box, electric under gate spreader, newer sno way or hiniker 8.6 or 9' plow.........

DSCF0240.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

Make An Offer

I had the local welder make this into a reciever mount today so you don't need to buy the expensive fisher mounts. It will slide into reciever tube and have a series of holes where you can pin it wherever is best for your truck. I also have a mount for this that would slide over a dump truck tailgate instead of reciever tube. Best offer takes it

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

send me a pm with how much you want out of it, and a cost of shipping to IL

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

2 Pro Flos For Sale Now

Both are reciever mount. The new demo one above is now reciever mount done professionally. The other one is a western that needs a motor that can be bought online for 219. I used it up until Thursday when I setup a speedcaster 2 for my second truck. I ran bulk through it and never had a problem unless the driver didn't empty it the whole way and let it sit. It has a couple battle scars, 250 obo. I can ship these if I have to but I prefer pickup.

5. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Could you PM me a ballpark price on the fisher?

Thanks

6. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

how much to ship the western pro flo to 65202? Also can you post a pic of the western?

7. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

Im firm on the 1000 now for the fisher, I was asking 1000 obo but I put 100 into getting it made into a hitch mount and another 35 for the truck side wiring harness for it. Shipping to MO would be between 150 and 200 depending on the actual palleted weight for either one. This is the western before I took the motor off for my speedcaster 2. I used it all last week on the backup truck but it will need a motor. Also the driver backed into a snow pile with it so since the pic the back vertical bar there is bent now too.

western.jpg

8. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Can the motor for the western be found easily?

9. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Does the wiring and the controller come with this? If so I will give you 400 shipped to me in MO.

10. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Does the western have a receiver hitch mount?

11. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I found the motor online for 199. This isn't a junk meyer motor, these ones actually last a while. They are both reciever mount but the western wasn't professionaly done like the fisher was. I have the spreader side wiring but not the truck side or control for the western. I ran a heavy wire to the battery with a 30 amp fuse and a 50 amp switch. I have a variable speed control that was finicky. I never used it anywhere other than full so I just used a on off switch.

12. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

sent you a PM