1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Dealer Questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by GOFN2, Nov 3, 2010.

1. GOFN2

GOFN2 Junior Member

We are a new Blizzard dealer this season, and I am trying to get a handle on what are some of the common parts that we should stock. I have already some of the basics, (hoses, switchs, etc.) but I feel like it's not enough. While we have been a BOSS/Western dealer for 6 years, I feel like we are not prepared for the Blizzard parts calls. Any information would be great. And I know...if we stock everything we are covered:D

And mods...I am not trying to drum up any business...
  2. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

I recently acquired a Blizzard dealer's inventory of stock parts - I'm sure a lot of the things you'd normally keep on hand. If you want, shoot me an email to moserjj@gmail.com and I can send you a list of the parts. Almost all are new in the package. I'm located in Wisconsin near Eau Claire.
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Where and who are you? Thanks.
  4. GOFN2

GOFN2 Junior Member

Thanks Moser...I will do that. Pens fan, I am in Janesville. Fagan Truck and Trailer
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Thanks, I was hoping you were Madison area. Always good to have parts close by.
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Pins, cartidge valves, motors, pumps, solenoids, cartridge solenoids, hoses, lift pins/bushings, draw latch parts, cylinders, edges, wings, slide boxes/parts, controllers.
  7. blackandgold

blackandgold Junior Member

Where do you buy your Blizzard Parts and Plows from? I am a Territory Manager for Blizzard--I set up and work with the dealers all over the midwest--. I have been talking to Greg German at German Bliss Equipment in Princeville, East Peoria and Springfield. What do you think? Is there someone else you would reccommend? We have also been talking to Koenig Equipment....the local Western Dealer.
  8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I buy my Blizzard parts either from Jerre in Erie, PA, or from other internet sources.

I would enjoy dealing with Greg German, I think that would be a great partnership. I'm not really a fan on how Koenig treats the guys who only look to spend a few hundred or thousand dollars per year, compared to those who spend thousands or tens of thousands with them each year. They no longer get my business.

In fact, I've often toyed with the idea of trying to set up a plow repair shop and stocking parts, but I'm not really in a position to start a new venture right now.

Maybe we can discuss this new dealer more, you can email me if you'd like: j.w.unes @ Gmail.com
  9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I second what johnnyu says, that, and ***Express delivery service.
  10. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

before you buy and stock what is recommended by dd check and see what your customer base is then stock only what is needed simple is better
  11. damian

damian Senior Member

my fastest movers for older powerhitch 1 plows are plow side harness,oil,angle cyls,hook up switch,contactors,hoses can be got local,most pop hoses are wing cyl and angle piston,power latch pins and side plates,vehicle harness,cutting edges,headlamp assys get aftermarket, replaceable push bushings where mount pins go through,motors-aftermarket,pumps,res caps,cover nuts,light bar pins and springs, slide box return spring, s8, s5coils,valve body fittings-they rott out, this list isnt in order, i consider most of this stuff essential to get thru a storm,remember you dont need wings to get thru a storm. good luck