1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bradf504, Oct 18, 2007.

1. bradf504

bradf504 Junior Member

My question is this: Should the dealer that preformed the install of a new fisher X-blade have supplied a cutting edge besides the one that is welded to the blade itself??

Thanks for the help.

Brad

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You have a cutting edge WELDED to the moldboard? But to answer your question - No.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The dealer should be able to get you a cutting edge. But it is not his problem to replace it, as it is a wear part. He can put the new one on for you, but that will cost extra money, and they are easy to do. Can you post a pic of the WELDED ON CUTTING EDGE?

Ryan

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have never seen a "welded on" cutting edge on a NEW blade.

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

doesn't a new blade come with a cutting edge when you buy it?

6. snyps

snyps Senior Member

Brad, I would post a picture, it seems like they forgot the cutting edge, and you only see the moldboard.

7. bradf504

bradf504 Junior Member

It might not be Welded on, anyways my original question was if the deal was supposed to provide a cutting edge besides the one that seems to be "fixed" to the plow itself. There appears to be holes for hardware where a cutting edge would go.

Hopefully that explains it better

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

sounds like you dont have a cutting edge. If you bought this plow new and they didnt give you a cutting edge which is supposed to be in the plow kit, I would ***** up a storm!!! Dont try to use it without one, or you will do some major damage!!!

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Yes the bolt holes are where the cutting edge bolts on. There should be a brand new one on it. You will not get a spare edge tho. They are not that expensive and usually last a few years. Replacing them is easy.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is this what your blade looks like? Do you think you don't have a cutting edge because there are no bolts in the bolt holes?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  11. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

edge

like cet says the older fisher plows do not come with a cutting edge brand new from the factory the holes are there,they expect you to wear it down so far then bolt a cutting edge on it ,or put one on it right away.i do not know if they have changed their ways but this was how we did it in 1992 when we sold them !

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The cutting edges are an option...not a standard issue component.

13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Again, no, the cutting edge does not come with the plow. Wear the hinged edge down about 2" and put an optional edge on it.

14. bradf504

bradf504 Junior Member

Ok, but does no one else think that Fisher should supply a "real" cutting edge with the plow for $4500?

Thanks for all the help!!

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They never have...... but I see your point...:salute: