1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 17, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm about due for new some new cutting edges. I go through a set a year. Are the new edges all they claim? Boss claims they have up to 2 times wear resistance. Can anyone tell me if they really last longer?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The preformed ones.
    I haven't had a chance to use them a lot but they are much thicker.
    They fix the center strip problem and the built in curb guards work very well to protect the corner of your plow.

I like them so far.

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I think they wear a heck of alot better also. We do a very long road with a straight blade and it kills the cutting edges, I've spent alot of time there with my V with the new edges and see hardly any wear at all................ Worth the extra money.

4. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

The new cutting edges are amazing. They are well worth the money not having to deal with the center shoe. Its a uniform scrape and wear across the blade. I have around 325+ hours of use on the edges and they still look brand new. Only downside is the curb guards dig up hard pack sometimes and shoots in the opposite direction.

5. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I wish they would make similar ones for the straightblades.

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I'll have to pick up a set. Im going to try to finish off the winter with my current set; if it ever stops snowing.

7. droptine

droptine Member

Do I understand that the new style edges mean you remove and no longer need the center snow catcher?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's 100% correct! That feature right there makes the new style edges worth the extra cost by far.:redbounce For guys that don't like the added curb gaurd that the edges come with, it's not a big deal to cut them off the end of the edge but they do save the plow if you run a lot of curbs.

9. bobalu

bobalu Junior Member
    from MI

Wow sounds good where do you get them and what do they cost for a 9 2

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

CPW (at the top of the page ^) has them... or you can get them from any Boss dealer.

11. bobalu

bobalu Junior Member
    from MI

Thanks B&B

12. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Wich one is CPW and do you know how much they are for a 9-2

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  14. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

15. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

16. secret_weapon

Sorry for hijacking thread, was for V blades...:eek:

But yes, I have these installed on my 8' Boss Poly. Had to buy the ones with no hole punch
    and drill holes. Burned up a couple bits, but well worth it!

I'll try and post a pic soon

17. 02DURAMAX

Yea if you can post some pic's..

18. secret_weapon

2 pics of Extender. I had to drill the holes cause the pre-punched extender hole didn't match up. Burned up 3 bits!

snowplow1.jpg

snowplow3.jpg

19. 02DURAMAX

Thanks for the info on the Xtenders i now have them on my plow...You can see them on the pic's section..:drinkup::redbounce:bluebounc

20. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

We just put the new cutting edges on one of our plows. removed the middle shoe, had to grind down the angle on the new cutting edges to fit it, but fit perfect (at least one side that we took a little more time on). They ran about $85 per side, but well worth the money. We bought a new 8'2" poly V before last season, used all season and pushed twice this year and hardly any marks on the edges at all. WE WORTH THE MONEY!