1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new cutting edge

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by lownrangr, Nov 30, 2005.

1. where is the best place to buy a new cutting edge? I saw the thread on here where you can buy parts online, but is $120ish a good deal or is there another source for the steel? TIA

2. ok, I put it off last year, but now I really want a new edge. Are there any alternative sources aside from a dealer?

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have not found any.....

4. lol, that's not exactally what I wanted to hear!! :) Thanks for your reply.

5. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I'm in the same situation. However I was looking around and doing some research, and I'd be willing to be you could get a better piece of steel like a 1090 grade verse the 1080 grade that snoway uses at a local welding or metal shop and have them cut and press out a new cutting edge for your blade cheaper or same price as snoway's high dealer pricing. just a thought. It would be nice if snoway parts were more accessible like online order of some sorts like western, fisher or other big name plows. I bet you could even get a half inch verses the general 3/8" by 6' if you went through a local metal shop.

Just some thoughts to consider!:salute: