1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New cutting edge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by B-2 Lawncare, Feb 24, 2014.

1. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

So we have had a decent winter, I plow with down force all most all of the time. This is my second edge this year. Its 5\8" thick and six" long my cost is $516.
    And it looks like we are going to get slammed over the next week. So glad to have it ready to go.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. B-2 Lawncare

Doha here we go.

IMG_20140224_140029_838.jpg

3. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I'm guessing you get them made at a local shop? Why does it have the bevel?

4. B-2 Lawncare

Yep I get them from a local shop, I believe the bevel is because it was meant for a loader bucket. Its the best options we have found.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I can't believe you went through a (new?) cutting edge already! Since you say down pressure I'm guessing a Snoway?

6. B-2 Lawncare

Yep I was hoping to make a hole season this year with one, but we have been plowing since the third week of October. Last year we plowed snow on the 10th of May.
    This is a cutting edge is for my little guy a John Deere 3520.

7. B-2 Lawncare

Here's what it mounts to.

IMG_20140209_133105_133.jpg

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Wow you way over paid for that. That's about $250 around here and they are 8" tall and don't have the bevel.

9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

anything for a green machine costs more.....maybe it is a better grade of steel?

10. B-2 Lawncare

May bee so but it my best option, the JD cutting edge suck and we going three them like candy. And every thing here is more expensive milk is $5 something a gallon and gas is 3.25 a gallon.

11. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Maybe they would last longer if the edge wasn't beveled?