1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New cutting edge old plow WITH PICS

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stud Bro, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

The new cutting edges install relatively easy but you will need a grinder.

Start off by unbolting the old cutting edges

Next unbolt the rubber puck 9 times out of 10 you will snap off the bolts but it really doesn't mater because your not putting it back on. Just make sure if you do snap it off that the bolt isnt hanging out if it is cut it off flush.

Now for the modification your going to have to cut the center plow edge back other wise the curved blade will hangup on the plow and you wont be able to bolt it tight.

Test fit the new blade and make sure it sits flat

Bolt the new blades on ( I put anti seas on the threads)

Sit back and have a beer :drinkup: and dream of snow:sleeping:

Hope this helps you out

Picture 466.gif

Picture 470.gif

Picture 473.gif

Picture 484.gif

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Sweet mod! That's one awsome setup being a V plus the wings.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just put mine on and cycled the plow, It bent the new cutting edges bent right into position.

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Stud,

I cant tell by your pics, but how old is your plow? RTII or RT3? Center hoof or the old hoofless?

How much did the new edges run you?

I just cant believe that a standard edge runs about $50 each, yet these new ones list for $200 each.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We put the new style on our 1998 V and it just bolted on last winter. It's way better without the puck and now I don't have to weld curb protecters on. Your blade looks brand new stud bro.

6. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

Looks good, I'm in the process on putting the new ones on my poly but they gave me two lefts so I'm waiting on the right. Anyways on the poly's how are you guys putting them on? Are you cutting the little corner of the poly off or grinding the corner of the cutting edge down to sit flat against the mold board?

7. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I dont know the age but it is a RTII Center Hoof (in wisconsin we call it a puck hockey nuts)

Cutting edges were 169.99 Each but i think there going to be worth it.

8. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Sand blaster
    Por 15
    Primer
    Paint
    Fluid film
    Case of beer

9. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Im not 100% sure but i believe the polys will be a perfect bolt on and you wont have to grind anything

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I forgot the beer, that's my problem. LOL

11. droptine

droptine Member

You will trim the tab off of the poly

12. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

If you take the screw out and trim the poly won't snow get wedged on the back side and push the mold board out?