1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New customers!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Bossman 92, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Any of you guys signing new customers? In the last couple weeks I have picked up 8 commericals and a residential :rolleyes: . I had to run to town and drop off some ins forms and when I got back there was a message from a restraunt chain saying they wanted me to plow for them this year (4 stores).

I am stuffing envelopes as we speak to send out another mailing, mabey I should hold off another week.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Im doing pretty good myself. Keep up the good work :drinkup:
  3. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

hey bossman, 9 new accounts in October?!? good job!!

how did you manage to lock them in so quickly?

how did you make contact with these property managers (was it through advertising, and is so, what form of advertising)?

is it possible to service this many accounts with 2 trucks, or will you be subcontracting?

i am interested.
  4. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

are you guys still picking up accounts and if so any pointers on how to get some more accounts for the remainder of the season this is my first season plowing and I got the bug. I only have 7 accounts now and want more any advice is greatly appreciated

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Me too...had a great December with lots of calls and estimates...ended up with 15 accounts but now there's been a kind of drought in calls...I have an ad in a weekly paper that did well early on, but now.....??? I also have a sign in front of my house I bought at the Deerfield Fair for plowing and mowing and fall cleanups...Craigslist has not panned out for me either...too many calls from farther out than I want to go...
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Seeing as your just getting starting . Take your time, be careful, and do a nice neat clean job. Before you know it you will have more customers than you want. Word travels fast when you do a good plow job.
  7. plow time

plow time Junior Member

every time it snows here in zanesville ohio when your plowing you see two more plow trucks when i started plowing 6 years ago there was half the trucks
  8. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

I just put an add on craig's list I will post pictures of the next storm if we get a next storm. thanks for your advice