1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Custom SnowEx 8000 Spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by qualitylawncare, Jan 8, 2006.

1. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Finally got around to taking a picture of our newest salter.

2006 SnowEx VeePro 8000.

Has every option available (Optimum Flow Vibrator Kit, Ezmount Kit, Tarp Kit, etc) and. 2 quad flash alternating strobes. 2 reverse/salting lights wired to be on/off/on with reverse. 5 switches on the dash to control all the lights.

Spreader: $4,199.00
    Opt.Flow Kit: $299.00
    EzMount Kit: $325.00
    Tarp Kit: $80.00
    Strobes: $120.00
    Diamond Plate: $10.00
    Reverse Lights: $25.00
    Wires for Lights: $20.00
    65 labor hours: $2,875.00
    to hookup all of the wires and run the lines for the lights. This baby runs off two 7-point trailer plugs mounted inside the bed. It's a slick setup..

payup

2. qualitylawncare

Put new firewall software on this computer today, and it's not letting me upload pictures..

Will work on it after we get back from salting in the morning and will post then..

Sorry!:salute:

3. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

wheres the pics quality of the trucks and salters.... cant wate

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Not Posting pictures: $priceless!!

Haha sorry I had to I couldn't resist!
    I wanna see!

5. Ian

Ian Member

I hope you didn't actually pay someone for the installation labor. If you have 8 grand in a V-pro salter detroitdan has some snow accounts in Key West he can sell ya.

If someone gave me a V-pro I would sell it and buy something else. I haven't used one but I load them with salt at a supply yard everyday. All the drivers do is complain about the spreader.

6. qualitylawncare

:dizzy: here it is finally..

Sorry for the wait guys

llkmj.JPG

7. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

Hey Quality,

I like the strobe kit!! But the first thing your goin to want to do is change the way that the tarp fastens!! Everytime you try to take the tarp on and off the fricken hooks latch on to the grate (right in the middle!!) :yow!: :yow!: and then you will have to climb up in the bed and untangle everything. That sucks at whatever A.M. in the hammering down snow or mix or sleet your in.

I also took out the one baffle plate inside to get better flow from mine. And my auger motor burnt out after about one year of use. I bought a new one and had the old one repaired at a local shop for 35.00. Now I have a spare.

It's a little finiky sometimes but it usually works.

Well good luck with it.:drinkup:

8. carsoncity

carsoncity Member

I've got one and I like it, at least it won't rust like all the others.

9. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

very nice looking sett up, love the diamond plate corner strobes, but from your pricing list it seems way to expensive, but that could just be my math lol, very nice rig though.

10. qualitylawncare

Most of the money was spent on labor for the wiring/controls which are all things you cannot see in the pic. There is just over 2" of wire running from the spreader to the cab and then to the battery.

Thanks for the compliment!

11. qualitylawncare

Yep I've noticed that! We run about 5-6 ton per night through it (holds 1.0-1.3 ton depending on how wet it is). Those latches get caught all the time and the on in the front is tough to get back on if it comes off because I still have the toolbox on the truck.

Overall I've been happy with it so far. I will deal with the tarp issue simply because it keeps everything dry. I would rather fiddle with a tarp a few times a night than spend hours breaking up a frozen solid tub of salt!

Happy Plowing!:salute:

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

For that kinda money you could have bought a stainless steel ezdumper with the salter attachment?

But that does look good I must admit, just a tad to pricey.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  13. qualitylawncare

And my weapon of choice for loading..

2005 CAT 236B

That's me in the pic BTW

IM002139.JPG

14. qualitylawncare

I really liked the Stainless V-Boxes, but ended up going with the SnowEx because the dealer is the best I know.

He's the kinda guy that will pull someone elses trailer out of the shop when I need something done in a hurry. Had one of my 7x16's get clipped on the side of the road while mowing. He had me in the shop within 45 minutes and didn't make me pay for the $2500 repair bill until I got the insurance money from the guy that hit me.

I respect someone that will treat me that well, and will give him all of my business. Because I know he will back up what he sells.

15. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I think the unit is too pricey but it looks really good on the truck. You might want to bolt on a rubber flap to the bed on the truck between the truck and the spinner so your bumper doesn't rust out. Look at kslands post to his rubber flap. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=29981

16. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

hey steve, nice to see you growing so much lately, i was wonder what your fleets like now, can we get some pics, the cat looks good

17. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

it may have bin alittle more they someone else but he said that he has great dealer support which is almost as import as the product because if it brake he will be there to fix it and get u back to making money

18. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

$7965 for that???????? You could have got a Torwell 1.7yd stainless spreader with a Honda engine for $5500 complete!!

It looks like a nice setup, I just don't see 8K worth of value there thats all.

Where does the sand come out of that unit? I dont see any chutes, spinners etc......

19. qualitylawncare

The salt/sand comes out of the auger on the bottom of the unit and runs through the spinner. The spinner is removable, which was one of the features I really liked.

In that picture I was at one of our logging jobs and had a dump trailer hooked up to the truck, so the spinner had been removed. It connects with a 1/2"? steel rod.

20. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

Thats one bad @ss set-up you got there (mowers,trucks,jobs,MONEY) Let me in on some of your secerts man? I need to land so big jobs like you man.