1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new curtis head lights $87!!

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by bow2no1, Dec 18, 2010.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Those are the old type we used now we have dual halogen part number 1TBP39H.

3. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

ebay wants about 315 shipped for the new style lights 1TBP39H.

for 87 bucks shipped each i can buy 3 sets of old style ones.
    that means i can mount 2 sets on my plow gear and an other set on my head rack. i'm sure that would be more then enough light.

cheaper and work efficiently means more money in my pocket!
    that is the goal isn't it?

please convince and justify to me why it is cost efficient to spend 315 for the new style lights?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  4. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

cause they look cooll! bahahahahaha

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

well you got me there lol

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Because they are more efficient and more effective.

7. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

they are not cost efficient,

as it stands now, i have lights on my head rack, lights on my sander, head lights on my truck and plow lights.... when i'm out at night there isn't much i can't see. all my lights combine do not cost as much as the new set of curtis lights. i'm just not convinced

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I disagree. How many watts are you using when all of your lights are on. I have plow lights and a set of rear-facing work lights and they are seldom on together. I recently upgraded to HID, and I'm not going to let you tell me that those are inefficient. Eventually, I would like to convert all of my auxiliary lights to LED. This should maximize efficiency of perimeter lighting. Cost is not the only trade-off when talking about efficiency. Current draw/watt should also be considered....;)

9. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

ok, fine i'll try 'em....right after someone else pays for them