1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New cummins diesel for dodge 2500-3500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dieselman, Feb 27, 2004.

1. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

anybody heard about the new diesel for dodge rams. its got 600 ft pounds of torque. probably be good for towing.

2. big blue 2500

big blue 2500 Junior Member

3. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

Nah, wait till 05 the PSD will have even more.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yep i saw it in four wheel drive stop strokin and start cummin

5. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

Wait till Dodge puts the CAT engines in their trucks in place of cummins.. supposedly in like 3 years

6. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

Sorry dude that will never happen, Id like to see your source for that.

7. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

A couple truck drivers I know heard it.... cummins contract runs out in 2 or 3 years....

I'm crossing my fingers.... but your probably right.

8. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

It'll just take 2 years to get by all the problems like the 6.0:rolleyes:

Joe, that won't happen. Cummins and Dodge just signed a contract extension, for like 6 years or something. WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO GET AWAY FROM THE CUMMINS?

9. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

If anything I think they may move to the mercedes diesel after that, just speculation though. Well I guess you got me on that one Griffithtlc. But I still prefer the way the PSD hauls on the highway over the Cummins (stock at least, but remember lets not forget we're buying whole trucks here not just engines, remember the whole package) But you have to admit the PSD will put out just a little more to one up the Dodge folks then it will be GM's turn all over again. Its really great the way it works these days will it ever stop? I hope not. Imagine that, pickup trucks with 1000 lbft diesels..., swweeeettt.

10. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

not only is it another HP, well, actually torque, war, but these engines will be coming with 100,000 mile warranties! I can't wait till I can afford a new one!!!

11. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i have a friend that works for chevy and they said they all ready developed a 1000 ftp touqe duramax he said it sould be out in like 5 years so i bet evey one has the big power motor just ready to me uped by the next guy.