1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Company In Nh, Questions About Best Way To Price?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C., Feb 1, 2005.

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. Junior Member
    from NH

I Recently Started A Landscape Business And We Are Plowing During The Winters And We Have Been Chargeing By The Trip To The Sites. I Have 2 Commercial And 5 Residential Sites. Some People Told Me To Charge By Inch And Others By The Storm. Our Residentials Are So Much For First Trip And Then If We Have To Come Back It's Another Price For The Whole Storm. Our Commercial Ones Have A Set Price Everytime We Go There And Plow No Matter How Much Snow. We Keep Up With It Usually Don't Let It Get More Than A Few Inches. Any Info That Could Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks

from NH

Is There Anyone From Nh Or Mass That Could Give Me A Little Insight? Thanks
  3. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

I'm from NH and give customers the option of which method they'd prefer. Example for 1 residential customer- $50 per storm, $15/per push (2" intervals), or a season rate of $500. This way they can choose which "package" they prefer since I may snowplow their driveway 1 time or 100times, its up to them to figure out which "package" fits them best. Some people choose per push, and that can kill me on slow winters, and be a blessing on others. Hope this helps a bit.
  4. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

We charge the same amount for each time we visit. If it's a $35 driveway and we visit 3x in the blizzard, it's $105. We've found this system to work out very well. Simple to compute and bill out.
  5. Rappa

Rappa Member

Have you irrigation work in Dracut, MA by any chance?
  6. JCKL

JCKL Junior Member

Thats a different ACE Landscaping

from NH

Thanks. Next Year I Might Try To Get Them To Comit To A Price For The Winter. And If They Don't Like That It'll Be Per Trip Like I Do With My Commercial Plows. Thanks Again
  8. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I'm on the seacoast too. Most commericial places here go by the inch. Large condos go with seasonal pricing. I only have two residential places and with them if its $30 per time and I go 3 times its $90. I use to make every trip after the first $20 but thought I was losing to much money.