1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New chevy tv commercial

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cat320, Nov 24, 2002.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Now you gotta see this commercial what a laugh.They don't even show a new '03 truck for the pickup 's they show an old 1960's model .Do ya think that they are trying to get there old customers back:confused:

2. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

They tried to use a 2003 model, but them things soooo ugly kept breakin the camera. LOL

Bob:waving: :waving: :waving:

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

You got that right:) Do you think that they will listen now and bring back the dome style?Look at the new vans they made them longer in the front styeled after the advalanche like every truck they make now.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

When has GM ever listened to its owners? It took 10 years for them to get a competitive diesel to market, they still dont have a 4x4 available in the above 12K gvw market.
    yes they will have a bad 1500 ss plus the street rod pick up SST, but that doesnt help the guys who want a work truck at a decent price.
    Dino

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That's right Dino they don't really make a truck for the working people that can be purchased at a reasonable price.All I know is the ford is looking better and better.

6. plowking35

from SE CT

Dont go to the dark side, at least entertain a dodge before you get a ford. That 7/70 looks real attractive, and the cummins is a very reliable motor. I saw an 03 today and it looked worse than ever. Why oh why did GM ever do this.
    Dino

7. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

"Dont go to the dark side, at least entertain a dodge before you get a ford." :nono:

Dino,
    Are you for real? Fords are awesome and a good looking truck to boot ! You can't even put a Chevy and a Dodge together up against a Good Looking Ford :p They are one company that listens to its customers.

My only complaint is that heated mirrors should be standard in the snow plow package.

In all honesty though I really don't think that the new Chevy's are that ugly.Paint them up red and they look purrrdy !!!!!

8. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I like the look of the 2003's, the side profiles are great! I agree with Dino, that a 12k truck with 4 wheel drive should be in GM's line.

CGB

Let it Snow!!!

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Id like to see that truck with a front axle out of a dodge 3500, or any solid axle for that matter. leaves preferably too, im just so tired off the IFS, Maybe the new HD's are better than the older trucks. I like trucks to FEEL like trucks, not like over-grown Cadilacs!!

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Mike, William's Lumber got a new 3500 rack body in red, and you're right, that color isn't bad. I like the GMC's lines better, though.

11. plowking35

from SE CT

Mike I have owned 1 ford my entire life and that truck was troublesome to say the least. Plus with the older trucks, Ford so overcomplicated them that it made me sick to work on them compared to the simplicity of a GM. With that being said, and with all the Ford bashing I have done over the years, I just cant allow myself to eat that much humble pie.
    Now if one was given to me....
    AS for the GMC's they are very good looking compared to the chevies, but both are still way overpriced. I am not paying upwards of 40K for a pick up.
    Dino

12. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Dino,

You are definately right about being overpriced.It is crazy to think that a darn pickup is close to forty grand,pretty soon it will be fifty. :eek:

Good Luck with the storm that is coming!

13. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I too don't like the Avalanche and the 2003 look. But I can also remember when the new style dodge came out I thought it was horrid. The more you see the more you adapt. But it sure does seem like that won't happen here :rolleyes: