1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dcplower, Jan 22, 2007.

1. dcplower

dcplower Junior Member

By chance, does anyone have pictures of a western plow mounted on the new style silverado? I currently have an '04 1/2 ton silverado and would like to move a 7 1/2 pro-plow to the new truck. If I have to destroy the front of the new truck with cutting and such, I will keep the truck I have.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have an 04 3/4 ton and I didn't have to do a thing to my lower valance. All I really did was tuck the plastic on top of the ultramount receivers. If you want I can get pics but it'll have to wait til tomorrow cuz its dark.

3. dcplower

dcplower Junior Member

Thanks for the reply -

Pictures would be great, if you want to make the effort.

I really appreciate it..... This is really a tough decision for me.

4. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Here ya go.

resize.jpg

front resized.jpg

5. dcplower

dcplower Junior Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.....

6. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

i have an 05' 1500 with a western pro plow on it and we had to cut the lower valance to fit the mounting brackets. the 2500 has a taller frame and thats why they don't have to cut the lower valance. i will post some pic's soon . there are others that have pics of 1500 1/2 ton trucks with pics of front valance . sorry to be the bearer of bad news

7. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Damm that is a bummer. I thought that wouldn't matter between a 1500 and a 2500.....figured they'd both be the same measurements that locate where there bumper sits. :cry:

8. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

if u look at the mounts to the truck they are totlly diiferent. they are different part numbers also. i thought they same thing till i order mine. my friend has a 2500 and we measured the frame rail and i forget what the exact measurement was but the 2500 is taller . so i had no chose but to cut the valance or return they plow . truck handles the plow great and you don't even notice the valance is cut. it took everyone i know about a month to notice i cut the valance. GET THE PLOW U WILL BE HAPPY YOU DID!!

9. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Mine were cut out very nicely. I was worried about it at first but if its cut tightly around the receivers, it wont bug ya.