1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New chevy plow prep pkg.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Helldyce, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Helldyce

Helldyce Member

I have a new 2011 Chevy and was wanting to know if the new GM plow prep pkg. includes larger gauge wire from the 165 amp alternator to the battery positive terminal, and if they use larger ground straps to the chassis and engine. If not, does anyone recommend installing larger wires and straps for plowing with the newer Chevy trucks.
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

The dealer should be able to tell you all thats in the plow prep package ( I don't know) the larger wire would be
    great, a lot of talk on here about the charging sys on GM truck talk about installing larger wires and ground straps to the truck for a better charging performance. this is something I'd like to know myself.
    I bet B&B can answer this?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing (cable related) to the charging or ground circuits are different/better/upgraded etc on a plow prep equipped truck that I've found so far. But bigger is always better. Thumbs Up