1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New chevy 1500 DIESEL!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 23, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Page A20 of the latest turf magazine!!!

i tried to scan in the page but here is how it reads:

CHEVROLET
    "Offering a range of trucks including Colorado, T-Series and the new silverado 1500 with a Duramax 6600 turbo-diesel engine"

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

im not a chevy guy but is that the same size diesel as in the 2500 and up models or a scaled down size

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Holy Crap it does!

4. matt-max

matt-max Member

typical mistake. there is no 1500 6.6 liter duramax offered now, nor will there be in anytime in the future. it is too heavy and too tall. there will be a smaller v8 diesel duramax in the near future in the 1500 but it will not have 650+ ft lb torque, more like 450.

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I read in an article they should have something for the 1/2 tons within the next 3 years I beleave. Deffinatly won't be a 6.6 though. Alot of weight.

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

GM has a new diesel that will allow them to use it anywhere a small block fits. Not sure when it will hit the streets.

7. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

1/2 ton diesel

chevy had put diesels in the late models 88-98 the 6.5 in 1/2 ton it was realy good on fuel mileage

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The diesel will eat up any extra front weight capacity. Might be a good tow vehicle but i wonder about it for plowing use

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

the penna turnpike had many many of these in 2wd they are just now getting old enough to auction off so many people are buying them

10. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I knew someone who had a 1500 with a diesel and pulled a 5th wheel horse trailer. The truck was stock and had no major service issues when they sold it with over 400,000 miles on it.

Too many people jump to conclusions on stuff they no nothing about.

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

cool i wanna check that out

12. jbone

jbone Senior Member

from what I have read, GM will be using a smaller diesel down the road for the 1500 and other smaller Lughter duty trucks, thay will be using the 6600 in their suvs by 2010

13. snowblind

snowblind Junior Member

my 94 1500 has the 6.5 td pretty good engine it tows my 6500lbs trailer like nothing and with any luck i'll plow with it soon i just bought it last april no problems yet