1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Challange

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gordyo, Oct 17, 2002.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Here's my new snow removal challange for this year:

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

And here is a picture of the new loader with it's new plow attached that they purchased to clear the new lot.

3. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

They went out and bought that loader just to plow that parking lot??

If they got money like that, they should have sprung for a pusher box. A lot more efficient than that blade is going to be.

Can I ask who your working for?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I have to agree with guido on this one. Is the loader going to be doing road plowing? Unless the roads are very wide it might be better to have them serviced by the trucks and use a nice 14' pusher on the loader for the lots.
  5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

OOPS, I guess my post does make it sound like I will use it only in that lot. I will be using it all over the college campus. After we added this lot it was time to get a loader to relieve some of the stress on our staff and equipment. We have 5 large parking lots and a bunch of small ones. The plow is for the roads and also to push back banks along the roadways when we get alot of snow. I have a pro-tech snow pusher for it and a 4 yard snow bucket plus the 2 yard bucket it came with. We have been getting alot of heavy wet snow in the last few years along the coast so this should make life alot less stressful.
  6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Very nice machine. The machine and the plow are both brand new? Mike
  7. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks......it makes much more sense to me now! I didn't know it was a college.

8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

You are one lucky fella!

I'm jealous, what model is that? and what did it run you?
  9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

It's a John Deere 344H with a JCB quick coupler.

Over 100 with all the extra's
  10. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I thought so !

And its worth every dime!!!!