1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Center Console & Boss Joystick mount.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DCSpecial, Nov 30, 2008.

1. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Since it's been too warm for the snow to stick and the Bears weren't on until now I worked on the truck a little bit earlier.

Removed my center front seat (have a 40/20/40 split bench) and swapped in a center console out of a 08 Super Duty. Bolts right in, only ~1.75" shorter than the center seat so it still works great as an armrest.
    Main reason for the swap was the increased room for storage, lots of storage room in the 08 center console.
    There is a power point inside the console.....I may wire that up once I get a chance, plug is on ouside of the console right along the passenger seat.

I also mounted my pedestal for my Boss joystick controller. Perfect height and distance for my hand with my arm on the console.

Old seat on the right (with a wet okole seat cover) with the 08 console on the left:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also followed Doakster's lead and wrapped my hydraulic hoses:

[​IMG]

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good. theres definately some room in that console

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

What are the hoses wrapeed with and do you have any better pics? What is the benefit of wrapping them?

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Couple pics of my wrap job.

It's made of neoprene, self adhesive, very good stuff to protect hydraulic hose, a bit pricey though, there are other options, but I feel this is the best one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

wrap

the wrap keeps the hose's from abrading when the vee plow articulates .

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Was the 12' Roll enough ?? Just out of curosity how long did it take to wrap all your hoses ?

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

3 - 12ft sections covered all my hose on my ExtremeV, took me about 45mins-1hr.

Not sure on how much hoses are a Boss but I would guess one 12footer would not do it.

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice work DCS. thats a great idea with the hoses, the only issue i see is if you have to replace one during a storm, its gonna take a little time to unwrap the 2 tied together.

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The stuff actually isn't reusable, it's just like tape, take it off and you have to put new stuff on, but it will protect the hoses and greatly extend their life.

11. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I bought a 50' roll, not sure how much I used, still have some left on the roll.

On the Boss V all the hoses are routed by themselves. I'll take a picture later on when I go back out to the shop, just got back from plowing.

I wasn't paying attention to time, but definitely less than an hour.

Not enough room to wrap the entire 50' roll through by all the hoses, so I cut off good sized pieces. Ended up using 2 pieces per hose, wrapped the seam with the supplied PVC tape that you use on all the ends.

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great, im glad you got to push snow last night!

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We cover our lines with fire hose taken out of office and apartment buildings. It is the perfect size and it's never been used but it's 10 years old and you can get it for nothing because they just throw it out.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of the fire hose on a 10 year old Boss with original hydraulic hoses,

98 GMC 007.jpg

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You should post pictures of your own trucks, not mine. LOL

16. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

nice gotta love a console

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good point. LOL:D

18. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

damn good idea dave i took it from you but i got the nylon sheathing from my JD dealer :D so much easier to work with and reusable !!!:cool:

19. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Yep, the sheathing is nice too.....all the hydro lines on my Case 90XT have the nylon sheathing on them.

20. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

I covered mine on my boss v here 2 years ago with a couple pieces of old black garden hose. worked great and still looks good