1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New CAT 297

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by BOSS550, Nov 28, 2007.

1. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

ANybody own one or get to run one yet?
  2. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

I havn't driven one yet, but had a good look at one at the Outdoor Farm Show. They are impressive machines! The asles guy was saying some are trading their D3 machines for the 297. It's got an awesome track unit that looks as though it has everything beat. Also, the track has been made much more maintainable by the owner, not just the dealership. (I thought that was quite the switch!)
    I have to say the new C series is quite incredible! They've thought of everything. The cab has everyone beat, too!
  3. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

I've spent a good bit of time in a 2004 Cat 277 with a tree shear mounted on it. The thing is incredible with what you can cut and lift. I have heard of folks that are using the 277 287 297 as dozers but no first hand accounts on anything on a 297. I know the specs only mean so much-- dirty work tells the real story quickly.
  4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

i ran a 277 and a 287 at the local CAT dealers demo, and the things were beasts. Comfortable, powerful, and unbelievably smooth while driving both with and without a load